Once a testing facility for nuclear weapons, Warhead Junction has since fallen into ruin. However, the site's abandonment hasn't stopped its glitchy adjutant from continuing to produce and hand out nuclear weapons. Join the arms race of Warhead Junction, build up your stockpile, and rain hell on your enemies!
Swarm Host Edit
Swarm Host bosses can be found at the top and bottom of the map. Their slime pods will show a warning indicator on the terrain, then explode immediately upon impact. Once captured, these Hosts' slime pods can target structures.
The first will activate 3 minutes into the match, following a 30-second warning. The first Warhead indicators will appear on the Minimap 30 seconds after the game begins, as well as 30 seconds after the final Warhead in an event has been collected.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch April 24, 2018) Note: Changes made to Swarm Host boss functionality.
- (Patch March 27, 2018) Note: Fixed an issue that could cause Heroes to teleport back to the Hall of Storms after moving to a specific area of terrain before the game begins.
- (Patch December 12, 2017) Note: The first Battleground objective event will now activate 3 minutes into the match, following a 30-second warning.; The first Warhead indicators will appear on the Minimap 30 seconds after the game begins, as well as 30 seconds after the final Warhead in an event has been collected.
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: AI players will no longer become stuck in the southwest hand corner of the Battleground when retreating down the bottom lane.
- (Patch July 11, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue preventing the damage-over-time effect applied by the Boss’s Podling spawns from being cleansed by abilities intended to cleanse these effects.; Fixed an issue causing players to be incorrectly flagged as AFK when standing near or collecting Warheads.
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Murky can no longer call down a Nuke during Safety Bubble on Warhead Junction.
- (Patch April 4, 2017) Note: Heroes that are revealed by Raven Mercenaries will now display the revealed eye icon over their heads.; Fixed an issue that caused queued commands to be cleared after casting a Nuke.
- (Patch January 24, 2017) Note: Gazlowe’s Nuke Ability icon on Warhead Junction will no longer be visually replaced with a lock icon after casting Rock-It! Turret while carrying a warhead.
- (Patch December 14, 2016) Note: Base damage reduced from 2750 to 2300.; Warhead damage now scales by a flat 70 every minute, and no longer has a large jump at 18 minutes. Inner Warhead damage is still a 50% bonus.
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: XP earned by capturing Mercenary Camps will now properly scale throughout the match.
- (Patch October 18, 2016) Note: Warhead counters will now update properly in the Observer interface on Warhead Junction.
- (Patch October 12, 2016) Note: Reduced Nuke inner damage bonus from 100 to 50%; Time at which Nukes upgrade their damage changed from 14 to 18 minutes.
- (Patch September 27, 2016) Note: Added.