The Foundry is a snowy, sprawling three-lane control battleground featuring three Overwatch-style capture points, moving conveyor belts, and a giant two-seater mech, the Triglav Protector.
Control points Edit
Control points activate occasionally. Stand within them to capture them. Fully capturing a point grants control of a giant mech.
- Throughout the match a Control Point will activate at one of three locations, beginning in a neutral capture state.
- Once a player stands on the control point without any enemies, they gain control progress for their team at a steady rate.
- If an enemy enters the point, the point becomes contested and will not gain or lose control progress. The objective UI will display "Contested".
- When a team's control progress hits 100, they gain control of the point.
- As long as a team has control of the point, they gain victory progress at a steady rate.
- Victory progress does not decay for any reason.
- Overtime: When a point is at 99% victory progress about to tick over to 100%, it will stay at 99% and enter the overtime state if there are any enemy heroes on the point or the point just flipped from the enemy's control.
- When a team's victory progress hits 100%, they win the event. The control point deactivates and a two-person Triglav Protector spawns on the point for the winning team after a short delay.
- Volskaya Foundry has a unique “Point Guard” award for time spend standing on the Control Point.
Triglav Protector Edit
Players can team up with a friend as the pilot and gunner of a massive omnic-crushing mechanized force of destruction, the Triglav Protector. Much like Cho'gall, the pilot handles positioning and movement for the Protector while the gunner lays waste to the enemy team.
The Protector's abilities deal incredible damage to structures and Heroes alike.
Conveyor belts Edit
These moving walkways are a new battleground mechanic that create interesting tactical consideration and opportunities for big plays. Each capture point is connected to a unique conveyor layout--they can be used to boost mobility around the battleground, to force enemies out of position, and more.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch March 27, 2018) Note: Fixed an issue that could cause Heroes who were piloting a Triglav Protector to become unresponsive after the Protector is destroyed by a Damage over Time effect.
- (Patch February 21, 2018) Note: Can now correctly deploy Biotic Emitters on Volskaya Foundry while in Siege Mode.
- (Patch February 6, 2018) Note: Healing Pulse now acts as a totem, healing all Heroes in the area after being placed.; Turrets can now be placed instantly.; Fixed an issue that allowed Junkrat to permanently displace and leash Fortification Camps.
- (Patch December 12, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue in which Heroes on the outer edge of the Hall of Storms would not receive Healing or protection.
- (Patch November 14, 2017) Note: Volskaya Foundry objective UI will now display “Contested” text when members of both teams are actively fighting over a capture point.
- (Patch October 17, 2017) Note: Volskaya Foundry now has a unique “Point Guard” award for time spend standing on the Control Point.
- (Patch September 26, 2017) Note: Added.