|The Lost Vikings|
"Where will we end up this time?"
|Franchise||The Lost Vikings|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||February 10, 2015|
The Lost Vikings are a group of three Support Heroes from the The Lost Vikings universe. Erik, Baleog, and Olaf are back! While they briefly considered retirement after defeating the emperor Tomator, there were only so many polar bears they could wrestle before falling into a Nexus portal seemed like a solid life decision.
The Lost Vikings are three Heroes in one. They can gather experience from multiple locations.
This section concerns content exclusive to the The Lost Vikings universe.
Erik, Baleog, and Olaf lived joyous and fruitful Viking lives until one day they were captured by Tomator, emperor of the Alien Croutonian Empire, for his inter-galactic Arena of Death. Tomator’s ship malfunctions, however, and the Viking brothers were able to escape through the airlock of the spaceship. Unfortunately, escaping sent them through a time rift in which they traversed bizarre locations in order to find their way home. Eventually, the Viking brothers do make their way home through time.
After escaping from Tomator, Erik the Swift, Olaf the Stout, and Baleog the Fierce have lived joyous and fruitful Viking lives. Then one day, after returning home from a fishing trip, the Vikings get captured by Tomator again. Tomator then calls upon a robotic guard to send them into the Arena, which falls short when a system failure happens. During the blackout, the three Vikings dismantle the robot piece by piece and wear its parts on their bodies, granting them new abilities. The three Vikings are then accidentally sent through time once again. Equipped with the new robotic gear, Erik, Olaf, and Baleog must journey through each level to find their way back home. Along the way, they befriend a werewolf named Fang and a dragon named Scorch, both of whom assist them in their quest.
The Lost Vikings are a unique and very complex Support, as they are, essentially, three Heroes in one. The player controls each Viking individually, with each one having their own characteristics that must be taken in account. Because of this, their primary function is to split-push and generate meaningful impact on the battlefield throughout multiple locations. This impact primarily consists of soaking experience from minion deaths in multiple lanes simultaneously creating potential for a massive team level advantage.
Managing three individual characters with relatively small health pools and lack of escape does provide The Lost Vikings players a challenging high-risk high-reward play style. Overall, the Lost Vikings are challenging to use as they require a high level of macro- and micromanagement.
- Large experience gains through soaking multiple lanes
- Forces opponents into trading lane presence, minion experience, and structures for objectives due to Vikings multiple lane pressure
- Excellent at clearing and maintaining control of Mercenary Camps
- Relatively difficult to play with a very steep learning curve
- Each Viking has an especially low health pool, allowing them to be easily picked off
- Contribute very little to teamfights
- Requires constant map awareness, and a very thorough understanding of each battleground and its particular objective mechanics
- Incredibly dependent on team communication
- See Data page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
Every 5 seconds, Olaf gains 75 Physical Armor against the next enemy Hero Basic Attack, reducing the damage taken by 75%.
Stores up to 2 charges.
- Stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Erik's Basic Attack damage.
- Stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Baleog's Basic Attack damage.
- Players from either team can see the exact number of stacks for this Talent currently available by hovering over the icon on the Talents screen.
- You can use shift to queue up Erik to run back and forth in a small area and therefore passively heal while you control another Viking.
- Movement Speed bonus is an increase to Erik's base Movement Speed, causing it to stack multiplicatively with the highest Movement Speed buff affecting him.
- Damage bonus does not stack with other Mercenary Lord auras and its derivatives.
- Does not stack with other positive Armor effects against Minions and Mercenaries. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
Activate to have each Viking deal 85 damage to nearby enemies. Deals 100% bonus damage to Heroes.
- Hero bonus stacks additively with offensive damage modifiers that can affect Spin To Win!'s damage.
All Vikings gain a 140 to 308 point Shield, increasing in strength for each Viking alive. Lasts 4 seconds.
Hop into an Unstoppable Longboat that fires at nearby enemies for 128 damage per second and can fire a mortar that deals 228 damage in an area. The boat has increased Health for each Viking inside. If the boat is destroyed by enemies, all Vikings are Stunned for 1 second. Lasts 15 seconds.
Requires all surviving Vikings to be nearby.
Summon, fully heal, and revive all Lost Vikings at target location after a Viking channels for 2 seconds.
Only one Viking may attempt to summon at a time.
Makes all Vikings Invulnerable and able to pass over enemies for 1.5 seconds.
- Cannot be activated if Stunned, Silenced, or in Stasis, except you can select a Viking which isn't so impaired and press W to immediately free all 3 Vikings with this Talent.
- If Olaf is mid-charge when Play Again triggers from another Viking, he will continue his charge globally, either flying all the way to and hitting his target or returning to the start location of the charge, depending on the part of the animation he is in when Play Again completes.
- Stacks additively with baseline Go Go Go! Movement Speed bonus, but not with other Movement Speed bonuses.
- The effect triggers separately on each Viking.
- Stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Vikings' Basic Attack damage.
Builds and guides
|The Lost Vikings Skins|
|Backstory: The Lost Vikings are back! While they briefly considered retirement after defeating the emperor Tomator, there were only so many polar bears they could wrestle before falling into a Nexus portal seemed like a solid life decision.|
750 / 10,000
|Backstory: While "Party in Pajamaland" is technically a part of the Expanded Universe, the storyline is still considered a seminal work in the Lost Vikings mythos.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of pajama skins.|
160 / 100
160 / 100
160 / 100
|Backstory: Now sporting the finest equipment a Viking can illegally procure from an evil alien overlord's robot army.|
120 / 75
120 / 75
120 / 75
|The Lost Vikings Portraits|
Carbot Lost Vikings
The Lost Vikings Hero
The Lost Vikings Mastery
Tough Guys Lost Vikings
|The Lost Vikings Sprays|
Carbot Lost Vikings
Lost and Found
The Lost Vikings Pixel
- Olaf, Baleog, and Erik first appeared in The Lost Vikings (April 1993).
- Baleog is voiced by J. B. Blanc. Erik is voiced by Micheal Sorich. Olaf's voice is done by Carlos Larkin.
- The Lost Vikings were among the heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2014.
- New skins for The Lost Vikings are resource-intensive, because the team needs to create three standalone skins for a single Hero.
- The song the vikings sing during the Longboat Raid! ability is the pirate world theme from Super Nintendo version of The Lost Vikings 2.
- Baleog's "vikings assemble" line references Marvel's Avengers.
- Baleog's "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt worse than Olaf!" taunt is a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- When readying in "VS Ai" or "Quick Match", the poses The Lost Vikings take are a reference to the box art of the original The Lost Vikings SNES game, albeit with Erik and Baleog swapping poses.
- The Missing Link: Tentative List of More Heroes From Game Files, accessed on 2014-02-24
- 2014-03-18, Hero Interaction Strings - Introduction Questions, accessed on 2014-03-18
- The Lost Vikings 2: Instruction Booklet, accessed on 2015-02-20.
- Art and Animation AMA with Heroes Developers - July 11, 2018
- The Lost Vikings Hero Week
- The Lost Vikings - Heroes of the Storm
- The Lost Vikings Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- The Lost Vikings Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm
|Bruisers||Artanis • Chen • Deathwing • Dehaka • D.Va • Gazlowe • Hogger • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins||Alarak • The Butcher • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Qhira • Samuro • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Greymane • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tassadar • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support||Abathur • The Lost Vikings • Medivh • Zarya|
|Tanks||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Mei • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|