|Base Health (Camp)||3000|
|Base Damage (Camp)||120|
|Base Health (Captured)||1800|
|Base Damage (Captured)||175|
|Capture XP||280 XP|
|Maps||Dragon Shire, Cursed Hollow, Garden of Terror, Haunted Mines, Blackheart's Bay, Sky Temple and the Tomb of the Spider Queen|
|Spawns after||1:00 minutes|
|Respawn delay||3:00 minutes|
A Siege giants camp comprised of two mercenaries who strike enemies from long range by throwing rocks (or firing cannonballs). Siege giants are found on Dragon Shire, Cursed Hollow, Garden of Terror, Haunted Mines, Blackheart's Bay, Sky Temple and the Tomb of the Spider Queen. They first spawn 1:00 minutes into the game and respawn after 3:00 minutes.
Background[edit | edit source]
Siege giants have a different appearance based on the battleground:
- On Dragon Shire, Cursed Hollow, Garden of Terror, Haunted Mines, Blackheart's Bay, they're ogres with themed headwear and carry crude bludgeons for hitting things up close. The Blackheart's Bay giants use their cannons as melee weapons.
- On Sky Temple and Tomb of the Spider Queen, they're much more intimidating sandstone golems and carry stone pillars for hitting things up close.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The Siege Giant's main advantage is its range, letting it hang back and attack enemy structures from outside their attack range. The rocks they throw deal damage in a small area around where they hit.
Despite their attack range and AoE damage, they are not as threatening up close, which makes them the easiest camp to take. The attacks of Siege giants take a moment to land and are telegraphed on the terrain. By paying close attention and dodging consistently, players can capture and defeat Siege Giants without taking damage. This also makes them fairly easy for enemy heroes to defeat once in a lane. Try to focus on keeping them alive by zoning out your opponents. Late game pressure is where the Siege giants are a step above the rest of the mercenaries — but no matter the point of the game, if they are left unchecked, you are going to regret not clearing them.
Common Camp Capture Timings[edit | edit source]
- Cursed Hollow: Capture Giants as early as possible if on the same side of the map as the first Tribute, or else as soon as possible before the first tribute spawns to split push on the opposite side of the map during the teamfight.
- Garden of Terror: Capture all camps as early as possible, moving from the bottom of the map upward as the first Seed is always on the bottom side of the map (so that top side camps split push during the first objective).
- Sky Temple: Capture Giants as early as possible to prevent being invaded by the enemy team.