"I hear the call of the wild."
|Title||Champion of the Horde|
|Price||500 / 4,000|
|Release Date||September 8, 2015|
Rexxar, Champion of the Horde, is a ranged Bruiser Hero from the Warcraft universe. Out in the wild, there is only the law of the jungle; survival depends on having a pack, on looking out for one another. Together with his loyal animal companions, the bear Misha and Spirit the hawk, he prowls the Nexus, always looking for the next challenge. The strength of the bear, the hawk's swiftness, and the hunter's cunning make them a formidable (and inseparable) team.
Rexxar is a Bruiser who with his bear, Misha, expertly controls an area of the battleground.
This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
One of the greatest heroes of the Horde was the fruit of an unusual union between orc and ogre. Raised by the Mok'nathal clan on Draenor, Rexxar's massive size and strength made him invaluable during the Horde invasion of Azeroth during the First War, despite his mixed heritage. Yet bloodshed and backstabbing from within his faction (coupled with the death of his companion wolf Haratha at the hands of an orc warlock) eventually diminished Rexxar's will to fight for the Horde, and he left to wander alone. Rexxar disappeared in Azeroth with new companions, including the bear Misha; now, he trusted the wilderness more than the "civilized" world.
During the Third War, while traveling through Kalimdor's Barrens, Rexxar stumbled upon Mogrin, an orc warrior defeated by quilboar, and agreed to take a message to the new warchief of the Horde. Journeying to the recently built city of Orgrimmar, Rexxar met the young warchief Thrall, who schooled him in the attitudes of a reformed Horde. Impressed by what he saw, Rexxar decided to fight alongside the troll scout Rokhan and the pandaren traveler Chen Stormstout to keep Orgrimmar safe from the attacks of Grand Admiral Daelin Proudmoore. Daelin ignored the pleas of his daughter Jaina and attacked the Horde, believing them to be untrustworthy monsters. Rexxar led a counterattack, which led to the death of the grand admiral. With Orgrimmar established, the newly-titled Champion of the Horde returned to his homeland in Outland, the remnants of the world of Draenor. Rexxar remains ever ready to serve the new Horde – his true people – once again.
Rexxar is a hybrid character that combines the crowd control of a Bruiser with the strong damage potential of an Assassin. He is followed by his bear companion, named Misha, who fights alongside Rexxar and supports him in various ways throughout the game. Compared to other Bruisers, playing Rexxar is a unique experience since you have to control both him and Misha at the same time. Rexxar requires good micro management in order to unfold his maximum potential and, as such, he sometimes feels quite disappointing for newer players. Controlling Misha feels challenging at first. However, once the initial learning curve has been overcome, Rexxar's strong chasing and kiting capabilities and the ability to stun multiple foes at the same time make him a force to be reckoned with.
- Strong solo laner
- High health pool on Misha
- Decent crowd control
- Can easily clear Mercenary Camps on his own
- Rexxar being able to hold Beacons with Misha makes him very potent pick on Braxis Holdout or Volskaya
- Lack of AoE damage, especially during the early-mid game
- Very weak if Misha dies
- No escape mechanisms before Level 16
- Controlling Misha requires some practise
- See Data Page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
- Stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Spirit Swoop's damage.
- Damage bonus stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Misha's Basic Attack damage.
- While applied, does not stack with other positive Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
❢ Reward: After gathering 25 Globes, Rexxar and Misha gain 15 Armor.
- Does not stack with other positive Physical Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
Increases Misha's Basic Attack damage by 200% for 12 seconds.
Release a herd of boars that track down all enemy Heroes in a direction, dealing 110 damage, Revealing, and Slowing enemies by 40% for 5 seconds.
- Stack additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Misha, Charge!'s damage.
- Wildfire Bear doesn't affect unaggroed Mercenaries.
- Damaging enemies with Wildfire Bear does not trigger tower aggro.
- Damage from Wildfire Bear is unaffected by offensive damage modifiers and lifesteal effects.
Activate to slow the Attack Speed by 50% and Movement Speed by 20% of nearby Heroes and Summons near Rexxar and Misha for 2.5 seconds.
Passive: Heroes and Summons that attack Rexxar or Misha have their Attack Speed slowed by 20% for 2.5 seconds.
- Passive is not applied if the enemy Basic Attack misses due to being Blinded.
- Passive Attack Slow does not stack with itself, nor the active component.
- Slow effects originating from Rexxar and Misha do not stack with each other.
- Passive and active Attack Slow stack additively with other effects that can affect the target Hero's Attack Speed.
Fake your death, becoming Invulnerable and untargetable for 5 seconds. During this time you control Misha.
- Removes most debuffs from Rexxar upon cast.
- For the duration of Feign Death Misha is controlled directly, without using Trait key.
- Damage bonus stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Unleash the Boars's damage.
Rexxar and Misha gain 75 Armor for 4 seconds, reducing damage taken by 75%.
- Does not stack with other positive Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
Builds and guides
|Backstory: It was a strange twist of fate that led the wandering half-ogre Rexxar to the fledgling city of Orgrimmar. With his aid, Thrall and the Horde were able to secure their homeland and defend it from the invading forces of Lord Admiral Daelin Proudmoore.|
500 / 4,000
Champion of the Horde
|Backstory: A beastmaster is at one with the wilds. When they kill, they ensure every part of the animal is made use of.|
120 / 75
120 / 75
120 / 75
|Backstory: When the Crystal Citadel fell, the Frostlords were scattered and never heard from again. Legend holds that some still wander the frozen tundras of the north, ever searching for a new home.|
|Features: Themed abilities.|
250 / 300
250 / 300
250 / 300
|Backstory: The terrans are descended from Earth's exiled prisoners, mutants, and degenerates. Some, like the military ursine-handler Cpl. Rex Arkk, are more genetically aberrant than others.|
|Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other universes merging into StarCraft skins.|
600 / 1,200
600 / 1,200
600 / 1,200
600 / 1,200
900 / 1,800
Jungle Hunter Rexxar
Bearer of the Flame
- Rexxar first appeared in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (July 2003).
- His book debut was two and a half years later, in Cycle of Hatred (January 2006).
- Rexxar is voiced by Steven Blum in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne and Heroes of the Storm, and Matthew Mercer in Hearthstone, World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, and World of Warcraft: Legion.
- Rexxar was previewed at Gamescom 2015.
- Rexxar was the first ranged bruiser hero.
- Rexxar's ability Mend Pet is the only basic ability in the game that is not affected by any talent of the hero.
- Rexxar says his mask isn't supposed to be a bat, but a wolf ("and a dark one at that"). This refers to how his design was inspired by Darkwolf, a character from the 1983 Ralph Bakshi film Fire and Ice.
- Misha is a Russian diminutive name, derived, in most cases, from the masculine name Mikhail (Michael). In folk tales, it also serves as the diminutive for Medved which means "bear" in Russian. Bears are frequently encountered as characters in Russian folklore.
Rexxar's arena team.
Rexxar fighting over one of the Infernal Shrines.
Rexxar heals Misha with Mend Pet, and attacks Stitches with Spirit Swoop.
Rexxar orders Misha to charge Kerrigan.
The Blizzard DOTA models of Rexxar and various other heroes.
- 2013-11-09, Heroes Skin Showcase - Heroes of the Storm - Blizzcon 2013. YouTube, accessed on 2013-12-01
- 8/5/2015, Battle.net: New Heroes Storm the Nexus at gamescom
- 8/5/2015, HeroesNexus: Gamescom Info
- Rexxar Hero Week
- Rexxar - Heroes of the Storm
- Rexxar - Wowpedia
- Rexxar Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Rexxar Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm
|Bruisers||Artanis • Chen • Deathwing • Dehaka • D.Va • Gazlowe • Hogger • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins||Alarak • The Butcher • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Qhira • Samuro • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Greymane • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tassadar • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support||Abathur • The Lost Vikings • Medivh • Zarya|
|Tanks||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Mei • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|