|Title||Lord of Hatred|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||September 4, 2018|
Mephistos, the Lord of Hatred, is a Ranged Assassin Hero from the Diablo franchise. He is said to be the most cunning among his brethren. Even while imprisoned in a soulstone, his vile influence corrupted the Zakarum and manipulated them into breaking the seal, giving him free reign to reunite the Prime Evils and enslave humanity. Now he enters the Nexus where all shall kneel before the Lord of Hatred!
This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
Born from the seven heads of the great dragon Tathamet at the beginning of time, Mephisto is Lord Archdemon and Aspect of Hatred and one of Three Prime Evils and Seven Great Evils, alongside his younger brothers Baal and Diablo. He was known as the greatest tactician and most cunning of the seven Great Evils, unifying the Burning Hells as its true leader and manipulating both demon and mortal alike. Mephisto and his siblings waged a war against the Heavenly Host of the High Heavens that would last for all eternity until the Worldstone, the goal of their conflict, mysteriously disappeared and put the war on halt. In truth, the Worldstone was stolen by his renegade daughter, Lilith, and her lover angel, Inarius, to create the world of Sanctuary. Together with a group of like-minded renegade demons and angels who grew tired of the conflict, they fled the war and made Sanctuary their new home. The renegades mated and their offspring, unions of both demon and angel, would later become known as the nephalem. Terrified of their powers, Inarius used the Worldstone to weaken the nephalem with each generation. Their descendants eventually would turn into the mortal race of humans.
Thousands of years later, Mephisto learned of Sanctuary after humans summoned demons from the Burning Hells to Sanctuary, to learn their powers and use the demons to conquer the world. Sensing their partial demonic heritage, Mephisto planned to enslave the human race and use them as an army to tip the scales against the High Heavens in the Eternal Conflict. To achieve this, Mephisto created the cult of the Triune, masquerading himself as the benevolent Spirit of Love, Mephis, with Diablo being the Spirit of Determination, Dialon, and Baal being the Spirit of Creation, Bala. During the Sin War, the nephalem, Uldyssian and his fellow Edyrem, brought down the cult and its leaders, Mephisto's children, Lilith and Lucion. At the end of the Sin War, Sanctuary was discovered by the High Heavens, and Uldyssian sacrificed himself to prevent Sanctuary's destruction and removed the powers of the nephalem. Mephisto then met with the Angiris Council to sign an agreement, swearing that Sanctuary would stay neutral ground and to let humanity decide their own fate without any interference from either side. Shortly after, a truce between the High Heavens and the Burning Hells was reached.
Of course Mephisto never intended to uphold the agreement and kept working on his plan to invade Sanctuary and sway humanity to the Burning Hells' side. The Lesser Evils - Andariel, Duriel, Belial and Azmodan - who wanted to uphold the truce, however, grew sick and tired of Mephisto's schemes and led a rebellion that ended with the banishment of the Prime Evils to Sanctuary. As the Three Prime Evils appeared on Sanctuary, they were weak and roamed the world for forty years, spreading terror, destruction and hatred wherever they went. Eventually however, the Horadrim, a united order of mages created by Tyrael, hunted them down and imprisoned the Prime Evils within soulstones. Mephisto was the first to be captured and then taken to the city of Kurast, where the Zakarum church was entrusted with guarding him. However, this was part of Mephisto's plan. Within his prison, he worked to spread hatred and prejudice into the Zakarum faith, transforming the priesthood into his unwitting servants. Mephisto eventually sent Archbishop Lazarus to Khanduras to corrupt King Leoric and awaken Diablo, placing the pieces for all three brothers to return.
Freed from their prisons, the Dark Wanderer (possessed by Diablo) and Baal arrived at the temple of Zakarum and freed Mephisto from the soulstone. Diablo then returned to Hell to rally those still loyal to the Prime Evils, while Baal journeyed north to corrupt the Worldstone, to combine their forces into an army that would enslave all life on Sanctuary and burn the Heavens. Mephisto stayed at the temple, but was shortly after defeated by a group of mortals, amongst them Cassia and Xul, who were pursuing Diablo. Mephisto was returned to his prison, and his soulstone was then taken to the Hellforge, where it was destroyed, sending Mephisto's soul to the Black Abyss.
Mephisto is a highly aggressive Ranged Assassin who deals incredible sustained damage by reducing the cooldowns of his abilities when damaging enemies.
- Low CC
- Burst Damage
- See Data Page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
❢ Quest: Hit Heroes with Skull Missile.
❢ Reward: After hitting 20 Heroes, increase Skull Missile's damage by 100.
❢ Reward: After hitting 40 Heroes, Skull Missile gains an additional charge.
- Bonus damage is added to base damage and dealt in a single instance.
Every 3rd hit from Lightning Nova against the same target deals 65 bonus damage and grants Mephisto 2 Mana.
- Bonus damage is dealt in an additional instance.
- Damage from Furious Spark does not benefit from Lightning Nova's innate damage multiplier nor create stacks for it.
Shade of Mephisto grants 25% Spell Power while active and for 2.5 seconds after ending.
If Mephisto hits enemy Heroes at least 18 times with his Basic Abilities while Shade of Mephisto is active, then increase the duration of the Spell Power bonus to 10 seconds after it ends.
- Does not stack with itself. Subsequent applications refresh the duration if it is currently lower than 2.5 seconds.
- Spell Power stacks additively with itself and other offensive damage and healing modifiers affecting Mephisto's Spell Damage or healing output.
Skull Missile grants 10 Mana and heals Mephisto for 70% of the damage it deals to Heroes.
- Mana restoration triggers for each enemy Hero hit.
At the end of its duration, Lightning Nova grants Mephisto a Shield equal to 40% of the damage it dealt to Heroes. Lasts 5 seconds.
- Shield amount is calculated similarly to Lifesteal from final damage dealt.
- Bonus damage from Furious Spark, Static Field, Aminosity and secondary Nova from Mimic all contribute to Shield amount gained.
- Gaining a Shield from Static Barrier while already having one causes them to stack and refreshes the duration.
Increase Regeneration Globe healing duration by 150%. Every tick of Regeneration Globe healing activates Lord of Hatred, reducing Basic Ability cooldowns by 1 second.
- Makes Regeneration Globes tick additional 7 times, healing Mephisto for an additional 12.6% of his maximum Health and an additional 9.5% of his maximum Mana over its duration.
Shade of Mephisto grants 25 Armor while active and for 2.5 seconds after it ends.
- Does not stack with itself or other positive Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
While Shade of Mephisto is active enemies who are hit by Lightning Nova are Slowed by 15% for 1 second and the Slow from Skull Missile is increased to 50%.
- Shade of Mephisto must be active the moment Lightning Nova or Skull Missile hits the target (not when the Ability is cast) to benefit from this talent.
Shade of Mephisto grants 20% Movement Speed while active and for 2.5 seconds after it ends.p>If Mephisto hits enemy Heroes at least 18 times with his Basic Abilities while Shade of Mephisto is active, then reset the cooldown of Shade of Mephisto.
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Channel for 2.5 seconds, revealing all enemy Heroes. After the Channel completes, all enemy Heroes take 357 damage and are Slowed by 25% for 2.5 seconds.
Cooldown: 60 seconds
After 1 second, unleash a wave of evil spirits that Root the first enemy Hero hit for 2.5 seconds and deal 250 damage to them over the same duration.
Durance of Hate spreads outward from its initial target, Rooting and damaging additional nearby enemy Heroes.
Hitting a Hero with Skull Missile grants 25% Spell Power for 6 seconds. Skull Missile deals 40% more damage to Heroes under 50% Health.
- Spell Power from Abhorred Skull does not stack with itself. Subsequent applications refresh the duration.
- Spell Power from Abhorred Skull stacks additively with other sources of Spell Power and other offensive damage and healing modifiers affecting Mephisto's Spell Damage or healing output.
- Damage bonus against low-Health Heroes stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Skull Missile's damage.
Lord of Hatred also reduces the cooldown of Mephisto's Heroic Ability. Mephisto is healed for 15% of his maximum Health and Mana when he casts his Heroic Ability.
Skull Missile explodes on contact with Lightning Nova, dealing 138 damage to nearby enemies.
- Lightning Reaction can trigger multiple times on the same cast.
When Lightning Nova's damage bonus reaches 30%, enemy Heroes within its radius take damage equal to 10% of their maximum Health.
- Bonus damage is dealt in an additional damage instance.
Increase the duration of Lightning Nova by 1 second, increasing the maximum bonus damage of Lightning Nova from 30% to 42%.
Consume Souls deals bonus damage equal to 10% of the target's missing Health. If Consume Souls kills a Hero it will cast again 1 additional time.
- The bonus damage amount is calculated before the main damage is dealt.
- Free cast does not require channeling.
Durance of Hate Silences enemies while they are Rooted and for 3 seconds after its Root expires.
- If a target is hit by a Knockback while affected by this Ability, the Silence and Root are both temporarily removed, and then both reapplied when the Knockback applies. Because the target is necessarily Dazed during the Knockback, this rarely matters, but the reapplication of the Silence could matter for certain CC removal Abilities (e.g. Brightwing's Soothing Mist, Lunara's Abolish Magic).
While both Shade of Mephisto and Lightning Nova are active, Lightning Nova also casts from the Shade's location.
- Shade's Lightning Nova interacts with all Talents that affect Lightning Nova.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Activate to swap locations with Shade of Mephisto and refresh its duration.
Passive: Shade of Mephisto benefits from all of Mephisto's level 7 Talents.
Builds and guides
|Backstory: Dul'Mephistos, the Lord of Hatred, is said to the be most cunning among his brethren. Even while imprisoned in a soulstone, his vile influence corrupted the Zakarum and manipulated them into breaking the seal, giving him free reign to reunite the Prime Evils and enslave humanity.|
750 / 10,000
Lord of Hatred
120 / 75
120 / 75
|Backstory: The Eternal Empire is built upon conquest and servitude, but not all planets submit easily. Upon the Star Lord's command, the legion of Star Wraiths descend upon rebellious worlds leaving only scarred husks in their wake.|
|Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Superheroes vs. Eternal Empire skins.|
350 / 400
350 / 400
350 / 400
|Mephisto Event Skins|
|Backstory: Hey everybody, it's your favorite buddy Tickle Mephisto! This funtime friend comes with a voice box that plays 5 pre-recorded messages from the hit cartoon! Awesome! WARNING: May develop an insatiable thirst for revenge if exposed to electricity.|
|Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of "Toys!".|
900 / 1,800
900 / 1,800
900 / 1,800
900 / 1,800
900 / 1,800
900 / 1,800
Creepy Cuddler Mephisto
Cute Tickle Mephisto
Scary Tickle Mephisto
Sticker Tickle Mephisto
- Mephisto made his debut in Diablo II (June 2000).
- His book debut was eleven months later, in Legacy of Blood (May 2001).
- Mephisto is voiced by Paul Eiding in Diablo II and Heroes of the Storm.
- Mephisto is the seventeenth Diablo hero in the game.
- He is also the second Prime Evil hero in the game, the first being Diablo.
- One of Mephisto's Quotes says he is still in the host body of Sankekur. The design used for him, however, seems to reflect the design of his true from The Book of Cain (December 2011).
- There were points in development where Mephisto could make enemy heroes hostile to each other.
- Mephisto - Heroes of the Storm
- Mephisto - Diablo Wiki
- In-Development: Mephisto and More! - Heroes of the Storm
- Mephisto Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
|Bruisers||Artanis • Chen • Deathwing • Dehaka • D.Va • Gazlowe • Hogger • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins||Alarak • The Butcher • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Qhira • Samuro • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Greymane • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tassadar • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support||Abathur • The Lost Vikings • Medivh • Zarya|
|Tanks||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Mei • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|