|Dates||January 16 - January 30 (2018)|
|New Mecha Skins and Bundles Now Available|
MechaStorm (Japanese: メカストーム, Rōmaji: Mekasutōmu, literally: "mecha storm") is a mecha-themed skin bundle released on January 16, 2018 which features mecha-themed skins for Abathur, Rehgar, and Tyrael. A legendary Mecha Tyrael announcer was added as well, along with a barrage of mecha-themed sprays and emojis to the Collection.
Background[edit | edit source]
Leading up to the releases of these skins, Blizzard posted a few teaser images for the upcoming cinematic.
Mecha Tyrael and Rehgar are squaring off against the insidious Xenotech Abathur in a battle for the fate of the Nexus! Do they have the firepower to save the day, or will Abathur's mechanized locusts prove too much for them to handle?
Arm your Heroes with the latest and greatest technological advancements the Nexus has to offer by picking up new Mecha Skins for Tyrael, Rehgar, and Abathur! These Mechas are built tough, with durability ratings so high they're guaranteed to be combat-ready whenever you enter the queue, and come back swinging every time you put them through the ringer on the battlefield. If it's style you're after, our Mechas are crafted using only the finest, artisanal techniques and the rarest materials. With upgraded visual effects on their abilities and altered voiceover kits, you'll be so sleek, sophisticated, and intimidating during hostile engagements that even D.Va will be jealous—Hell, we've even installed custom Hearthstone animations for Tyrael and Rehgar so you can show off even more flair when you need to make an exit.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Mecha Tyrael's Obari pose
Renderings[edit | edit source]
Xenotech Abathur Monstrosity
Xenotech Abathur Ultimate Evolution
Concept art[edit | edit source]
Xenotech Abathur concept art
Mecha Rehgar concept art
Mecha Rehgar Ghost Wolf concept art
Mecha Tyrael concept art
[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is an event called MechaStorm II, which began on June 17, 2019.
References[edit | edit source]
- MechaStorm – Heroes of the Storm. YouTube. Retrieved on 2018-01-16.
- New Mecha Skins and Bundles Now Available. Blizzard Entertainment. Retrieved on 2018-01-16.
- BlizzKwevs. (2018, January 16). MechaStorm – Heroes of the Storm. /r/HeroesOfTheStorm. Retrieved on 2018-01-25.
- Plunkett, L. (2018, January 21). A Look Behind The Scenes On That Blizzard Anime Short. Kotaku. Retrieved on 2018-01-22.
- BlizzHeroes. (2018, January 18). MechaStorm Concept Art. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-01-19.
- BlizzHeroes. (2018, January 13). Teaser 1. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-01-22.
- BlizzHeroes. (2018, January 14). Teaser 2. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-01-22.
- BlizzHeroes. (2018, January 15). Teaser 3. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-01-22.