"Let's save some lives!"
|Price||625 / 7,000|
|Release Date||October 6, 2015|
Lieutenant Rosa Morales, the Combat Medic, is a ranged Healer Hero from the StarCraft universe. Lt. Morales joined the United Earth Directorate (UED) to make a difference and protect her family. Over a very long and storied career, she has distinguished herself as a peerless medic, able to keep her patients alive and in the fight long after anyone else would have gone down. Lt. Morales is a veteran of the Brood War, and even the destruction of the UED Expeditionary Fleet didn’t slow her down. In the Nexus, she does what she does best: heal her teammates, support her allies, and make a difference.
Lieutenant Morales is a strong, sustained Healer who's unbeatable if left alone by her enemies.
This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
Rosa Morales was a medic of the United Earth Directorate of Earth. When the UED launched its invasion to conquer the distant terran colonies of the Koprulu Sector and subjugate the alien powers there, Morales signed up hoping to make a difference and protect her family. Initially the assault was successful in conquering the Terran Dominon, and Morales was part of the elite medic team that pacified the Second Overmind and allowed the UED to control the majority of the zerg. However, the invasion ended in disaster as the fleet was destroyed, stranding Morales in the Koprulu Sector 60,000 light years from her home. In spite of her origins, Morales was later inducted into the Dominion Navy Medical Corps of the same nation she had arrived to conquer, and continued to save lives in a new alien sector.
The medics of the United Earth Directorate follow a time-honored tradition of selflessly marching into combat zones to aid their injured brethren. These fearless women, aided only by protective shielding, are highly skilled healers capable of restoring the health and vitality of wounded soldiers. While expendable, the massive losses of terran marines during the Great War began to become cost prohibitive. The medic's use of chemical modifiers has greatly enhanced the survival rate of UED forces, lengthening the expected battlefield life expectancy to over nine seconds.
During the Guild Wars, the Confederacy experimented with adding medics to front-line infantry units. By the Great War, Confederate medics mostly remained at bases to care for wounded soldiers. The Dominion still maintains a combat medic program, as medivac dropships are expensive to deploy. Despite their armor and arm-mounted shields, medics are vulnerable on the battlefield. Generally, their only armament is the A-13 flash grenade launcher, which is used to provide illumination and blind enemy targets.
Lt. Morales is a ranged Healer whose powerful single-target heals make her a very good addition to most Warriors and melee Assassins. However, her lack of mobility causes her to be an easy target to engage on, which is why it is of utmost importance to know how to position yourself when playing as Lt. Morales.
- Powerful single-target heals
- Strong damage reduction
- Strong late game
- No AoE heals
- Healing Beam is quite Energy consuming
- Lack of escape mechanisms
- Has no potential on soloing anything, including siege, waveclear or dueling
- See Data page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
Increase Attack Range by 1.1, and Basic Attacks against Heroes generate 4 Energy.
During the first 2 seconds of Energy regeneration Healing Beam regenerates 100% more Energy.
Passive: Increase your maximum Energy by 10.
❢ Quest: Each Hero hit with Displacement Grenade restores 3 Energy.
❢ Reward: After hitting 15 Heroes, reduce the cooldown of Displacement Grenade from 12 seconds to 9 seconds.
❢ Reward: After hitting 30 Heroes, increase the detonation area of Displacement Grenade by 25%.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Active: Consume 30 Energy to heal Lt. Morales for 30% of her maximum Health over 3 seconds. Caduceus Reactor is disabled while this is active.
Passive: Generate 2 Energy each time Safeguard reduces damage, up to a maximum of 10 Energy per use.
Gain 40 Armor for 3 seconds if damage is taken while below 40% Health.
This effect has a 30 second cooldown.
- Does not stack with other positive Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
Heroes hit by Displacement Grenade are Slowed by 50% for 1 second after being knocked away and grant Lt. Morales a Shield equal to 6% of her maximum Health. This Shield stacks up to 5 times.
Safeguard removes all Slows from its target and its cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds.
While an ally affected by Safeguard is Stunned or Rooted, Safeguard grants an additional 20 Armor.
Passive: Increase the duration of Safeguard by 1 second.
Allies with Safeguard receive 75% of the healing done by Healing Beam on another ally.
- Medi-Drone does not heal, if the primary target of Healing Beam is at full Health.
- Lt. Morales can also benefit from Medi-Drone by using Safeguard on herself.
- Medi-Drone benefits from the bonus healing from First Responder.
- Medi-Drone has its own separate base value that is 75% of Healing Beam's, causing the percentage to stack multiplicatively with healing modifiers and bonus healing effects.
Cooldown: 70 seconds
Grant an allied Hero 75% Attack Speed and 25% Movement Speed for 10 seconds.
Cooldown: 45 seconds
Unlock the Medivac Dropship and Reinforcements Abilities. These Abilities share a cooldown.
Target a location for a Medivac transport. For up to 10 seconds before takeoff, allies can right-click to enter the Medivac.
Call down a Medivac Dropship at your Hall of Storms for your allies. After 10 seconds, or when the Ability is activated again, the Medivac will travel to its original cast location to unload its passengers.
Displacement Grenade deals an additional 96 damage over 2 seconds, and up to 400 bonus damage to Shields.
- Bonus damage to Shields only applies against Heroic targets.
Heroes hit by Displacement Grenade deal 30% less damage for 3 seconds.
- Damage reduction stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers affecting targets' damage output.
Heroes hit by Displacement Grenade will take an additional 6% of maximum Health as damage from Lt. Morales's next Basic Attack against them.
Passive: Basic Attacks against Heroes deal an additional 1% of maximum Health as damage.
- Displacement Grenade puts a mark on the enemy Hero that lasts for 6 seconds and is consumed if Lt. Morales Basic Attacks them during this time, dealing the bonus damage, or else expires at the end of this interval. The mark is removed, but the bonus damage does not connect, if Lt. Morales is Blinded or if the target is Evading on this Basic Attack.
Channeling Healing Beam on a Hero for at least 3 seconds causes them to be healed for 258 over 3 seconds when Healing Beam ends.
Passive: Increase the range of Healing Beam by 30%.
- Heal over Time ends immediately, if Lt. Morales the ally with Healing Beam again.
While above 60 energy, Healing Beam's healing is increased by 20% and both Lt. Morales and her Healing Beam target gain 15% Movement Speed.
- Stacks additively with healing modifiers that affect Lt. Morales's healing output and multiplicatively with modifiers that affect healing received by the target.
Safeguard gains a second charge and its range is increased by 60%.
Reduce the cooldown of Stim Drone from 70 seconds to 35 seconds, and increase the Movement Speed bonus from 25% to 50%.
Safeguard grants its target Unkillable for 1 second. If the target is under 50% maximum Health when the Unkillable effect ends, they are healed for 8% of their maximum Health.
Hitting 2 or more Heroes with Displacement Grenade reduces its cooldown to 2 seconds.
Builds and guides
|Lt. Morales Skins|
|Backstory: To good marines, the only thing more important than the rifle in their hand is the medic at their back. As one of the first officers deployed during the United Earth Directorate's invasion of the Koprulu sector, Lt. Rosa Morales is the best of the best.|
625 / 7,000
120 / 75
|Backstory: The Royal Apothecary Society's experiments have resulted in many alchemical discoveries, which Apothecary Morales administers to soldiers in the field. Some side effects may occur.|
|Features: Altered voice-over.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other universes merging into Warcraft skins.|
250 / 300
250 / 300
250 / 300
375 / 450
|Backstory: The UED outfits its best soldiers with the finest in experimental ordnance, and its medics are no exception. As such, Lt. Morales’s gear has been upgraded in accordance with her service record.|
120 / 75
120 / 75
120 / 75
|Backstory: Whether your heart is broken, bleeding, or located somewhere outside of your body, the Love Doctor will patch you right up.|
|Features: Themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of holiday skins.|
350 / 400
350 / 400
350 / 400
350 / 400
|Backstory: Officer Morales, STORM Unit's newest recruit, is wholly committed to supporting the city's civilian populace as well as her fellow agents. Thanks to her medical training, she is perfect for the unit's emergency response team.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Enforcer skins.|
350 / 400
350 / 400
350 / 400
525 / 600
|Lt. Morales Portraits|
Carbot Lt. Morales
Lt. Morales Hero
Lt. Morales Mastery
Uniform Lt. Morales
Yamato Board Game
|Lt. Morales Sprays|
Carbot Lt. Morales
Emoji Lt. Morales
Everyone Loves a Medic
Paper Lt. Morales
Where Does It Hurt?
- Medics were introduced in StarCraft: Brood War (November 1998).
- Lt. Morales was announced at Gamescom 2015.
- Lt. Morales is voiced by Yeni Alvarez.
- Lt. Morales is the first StarCraft Healer hero in the game, the second being Stukov.
- She is also the only terran Healer hero in the game.
- Lt. Morales's rank of "lieutenant" is a reference to the rank of the medic units in StarCraft: Brood War, which were "1st lieutenant."
- Lt. Morales's trait Caduceus Reactor is an upgrade for medics in Brood War.
- Medivac Dropship is a unit introduced in StarCraft II, replacing the medic in Versus mode.
- Displacement Grenade is loosely based off the the "Optical Flare" ability that medics could obtain in Brood War. Lt. Morales has a quite reflecting the difference between the two abilities. Morales's use of an A-13 grenade launcher reflects her status as a UED medic, as Koprulu Sector medics were not armed with them.
- The talents Cellular Reactor and Vanadium Plating are names of upgrades medics can gain during the Wings of Liberty campaign.
- The alternate "Hunter" recolor of Lt. Morales "First" skin is a refernce to Samus Aran's Power Suit from the Metroid series.
- The alternate "Mega" recolor of Lt. Morales "Love Doctor" skin is a reference to X from the Megaman X series.
- Fiery Morales skin has colors reminiscent of anime protagonist Asuka Langley Soryu, from Neon Genesis Evangelion (October 1995).
Morales's arena team
Love Doctor Morales healing Love Bug Anub'arak.
- Lieutenant Morales Hero Week
- Lieutenant Morales - Heroes of the Storm
- Lieutenant Morales - StarCraft Wiki
- Lieutenant Morales Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Lieutenant Morales Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm
|Bruisers||Artanis • Chen • Deathwing • Dehaka • D.Va • Gazlowe • Hogger • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins||Alarak • The Butcher • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Qhira • Samuro • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Greymane • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tassadar • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support||Abathur • The Lost Vikings • Medivh • Zarya|
|Tanks||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Mei • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|