A knockback (also "push" or "pull") is a displacement effect that pushes the target unit in a direction and dazes them, making them unable to act and allowing knockbacks to interrupt stationary channels. The direction of knockbacks is usually either the direction the ability is cast or towards or away from the center point of the ability's area.
List of abilities[edit | edit source]
Basic Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Alarak's ability, "Telekinesis", pushes enemies or himself to targeted direction.
- Alexstrasza's trait, "Dragonqueen", allows her to use "Wing Buffet" that knocks back enemies for 0.3125 seconds.
- Auriel's ability, "Detainment Strike", knocks back the first enemy hit.
- Her level 13 talent, "Repelling Strike", increases the distance and causes Detainment Strike to hit all targets.
- Cho's ability, "Surging Fist", knocks aside enemies he impacts for a brief moment.
- Diablo's ability, "Shadow Charge", pushes the target enemy for 0.25 seconds or until it hits a wall.
- D.Va's ability, "Boosters", knocks back for a brief moment the first time she touches them.
- D.Va's ability ,"Self Destruct", causes her exploding Mech to knock enemies away from its center when it explodes ranging from 0.25 to 0.5 seconds depending on how close they are to the center.
- E.T.C.'s ability, "Face Melt", knocks back for 0.25 seconds.
- Hogger's ability, "Staggering Blow", knocks enemies in the area radially away from Hogger.
- Hogger's trait, "Loot Hoard", very briefly knocks away enemies in its area upon landing.
- Johanna's ability, "Condemn", pulls affected enemies towards her.
- Junkrat's ability, "Concussion Mine", knocks enemies and Junkrat back into the air, making them fly over terrain for 0.75, 0.875 or 1.0 seconds depending on distance from the center.
- His level 4 talent "Bonzer Hits" and level 13 talent "Ripper Air" increases the duration of the knockback of enemies/Junkrat to 0.875, 1.0, or 1.125 seconds.
- Kel'Thuzad's ability, "Chains of Kel'Thuzad", pulls enemies hit towards each other, if the ability hits both times.
- Kerrigan's ability, "Primal Grasp", pulls affected enemies towards her.
- Lt. Morales' ability, "Displacement Grenade", knocks back for 0.25 seconds.
- Her level 4 talent, "Clear!", increases the duration to 0.4 seconds.
- Lúcio's ability, "Soundwave", knocks back for 0.25 seconds.
- Maiev's ability, "Umbral Bind", pulls enemies caught by it towards her, when they leave its radius.
- Mei's ability, "Icing", knocks back enemies near the end location of the dash.
- Qhira's ability, "Revolving Sweep", knocks back and stuns the target upon reactivation.
- Raynor's ability, "Penetrating Round", knocks back enemies hit based on how close they are to him.
- Sgt. Hammer's ability, "Concussive Blast", knocks back for 0.25 seconds.
- Stitches's ability, "Hook", pulls the first enemy hit to him
- His active ability "Helping Hand" launches Hook that can also target allies.
- Tychus' ability, "Frag Grenade", knocks enemies away from its center.
- His level 7 talent, "Concussion Grenade", increasing the duration to 0.25 seconds.
Heroic Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Chen's heroic, "Wandering Keg", repeatedly knocks back enemies hit for 0.25 seconds.
- Brightwing's heroic, "Emerald Wind", continuously knocks back each enemy it touches for 0.1875 seconds until it has traveled the maximum range.
- Cassia's heroic, "Valkyrie", pulls any enemy heroes hit after the first one for 0.1875 seconds.
- Cho's level 10 heroic, "Upheaval", pulls enemies in a large area towards him.
- Deckard's heroic, "Lorenado", repeatedly knocks back enemies that come in contact with it for 0.1875 seconds.
- Gazlowe's heroic, "Grav-o-Bomb", pulls enemies to its center over 0.25 seconds.
- Falstad's heroic, "Mighty Gust", pushes enemies to the target direction for 0.875 seconds.
- His level 20 talent, "Wind Tunnel", adds an additional effect to his "Mighty Gust" heroic ability, causing it to repeatedly create smaller winds that briefly knock back enemies.
- Junkrat's heroic, "RIP-Tire", knocks back enemies hit for 0.1875 seconds.
- His level 20 talent, "Extra Oomph", increases the duration of the knockback to 0.3125.
- Li-Ming's heroic, "Wave of Force", knocks back for 0.25 seconds.
- Her level 20 talent, "Repulsion", increases the duration to 0.4 seconds.
- Maiev's heroic, "Warden's Cage", knocks enemies towards its center when they come in contact with it.
- Muradin's heroic, "Haymaker", knocks back the primary target and the enemies hit by it.
- Orphea's heroic, "Crushing Jaws", pulls enemies in its area towards its center.
- Stukov's heroic, "Flailing Swipe", knocks back enemies hit for 0.125 seconds.
- Stukov's heroic, "Massive Shove", continuously pushes the first enemy hit until it collides with unpathable terrain.
- Tyrael's heroic, "Judgement", knock back enemies around the primary target for 0.1875 seconds.
- Zarya's heroic, "Expulsion Zone", repeatedly knocks back enemies for 0.4 seconds each time they touch it.
- Zarya's heroic, "Graviton Surge", pulls enemies hit towards its center on its initial impact.
Talents[edit | edit source]
- Auriel's level 13 talent, "Converging Force", adds an additional effect to her "Sacred Sweep" ability, pushing enemies hit by the outer area to the center, dazing them for 0.125 seconds.
- D.Va's level 13 talent, "Good To Go", unlocks Pilot Mode ability "Concussive Pulse", which knocks away enemies for 0.25 seconds.
- Dehaka's level 4 talent, "Lurker Strain", adds an additional effect to his "Burrow" ability, causing enemies around Dehaka to be knocked back when he exits "Burrow".
- Orphea's level 4 talent, "Backbiter", adds an additional effect to his "Chomp" ability, causing it to knock Orphea herself back when it hits an enemy hero.
- Probius' level 16 talent, "Interference", adds an additional effect to his "Warp Rift" ability, causing explosions to knock enemies away from its center for 0.25 seconds.
- Tracer's level 20 talent, "Get Stuffed!", adds an additional effect to her "Melee" ability, knocking back enemies stuck with a "Pulse Bomb".
- Whitemane's level 20 talent, "Judgement Day", adds an additional effect to her "Divine Reckoning" heroic, causing it to pull enemies towards its center on its first tick.
Non-Heroes & Vehicle abilities[edit | edit source]
- Dragon Knight and Triglav Protector knock back nearby enemies upon being destroyed.
- Dragon Knight's ability, "Savage Charge", knocks the target enemy into the air and makes them fly over terrain.
- Immortal's ability "Angelic/Demonic Cleave", knocks away enemies in a large circular area around them and briefly stuns them in the end.
- Sky Temple Guardian's ability, "Mighty Swing", knocks back its enemies for 0.5 seconds.
- Triglav Protector's ability, "Rocket Fist", pushes the first enemy hero it hits with it.
See also[edit | edit source]
|Attack_||Basic Attack ( Attack Range • Attack Speed) • Ability (Resource ( Mana) Spell Power • Cooldown)|
|Defense_||Health • Health Regeneration • Healing (Healing modifier • Lifesteal) • Shield • Armor|
|Buffs_||Absorbing • Evade (Parry) • Healing • Invulnerable • Protected • Stasis • Stealth • Shields • Unkillable • Unstoppable • Untargetable|
|Debuffs_||Attack Slow • Blind • Crowd control • Damage over Time • Knockback • Revealed • Root • Silence ( Fear • Mind Control • Polymorph • Taunt) • Slow • Stun ( Sleep) • Time Stopped|