"Obey the call!"
|Title||Archlich of Naxxramas|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||September 5, 2017|
Kel'Thuzad, Archlich of Naxxramas, esteemed Lich Lord of the Plaguelands, Commander of the Dread Necropolis, Master and Founder of the Cult of the Damned, formerly of the Council of Six, Creator of the Abomination, Summoner of Archimonde the Defiler, Betrayer of Humanity, Hearthstone Enthusiast, and Majordomo to the Lich King, is a Ranged Assassin Hero from the Warcraft universe.
Kel'Thuzad has faithfully served the Lich King both in life and after death. Reanimated as the Archlich of the Scourge and given domain of the Dread Necropolis, Naxxramas, Kel'Thuzad remains Arthas's most trusted advisor and master of the cold dark. Drawn to the immeasurable power found within the Nexus, Kel'Thuzad has turned several of the noblest Heroes against their allies.
This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Kel'Thuzad was a powerful member of the Kirin Tor, but his interest in the dark arts caused him to be expelled from Dalaran. He went on to become the founder of the Cult of the Damned and one of the principal agents of the Lich King. After bringing the plague to Lordaeron, he was slain by Arthas Menethil. When Arthas became a death knight, he used and defiled the powers of the Sunwell to resurrect Kel'Thuzad as a lich so he could summon Archimonde to Azeroth. Following Arthas's departure for Northrend, Kel'Thuzad was left to command the Scourge forces in Lordaeron from his floating necropolis, Naxxramas.
- Burst Damage
- See Data page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
Increase Death and Decay's duration by 1 second. After gaining 30 Blight, increase the radius of Death and Decay's pool by 30%.
- Does not affect the initial splash radius.
Frost Nova deals 75% more damage to enemies in the center. After gaining 30 Blight, increase Frost Nova's Root duration by 0.5 seconds.
- Damage bonus stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers affecting Frost Nova's damage.
Increase Chains of Kel'Thuzad's damage by 125%. After gaining 30 Blight, Chains of Kel'Thuzad reduces the Armor of pulled Heroes by 10 for 4 seconds.
- Does not stack with other negative Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
- Damage bonus stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers.
Pulling a Hero with Chains of Kel'Thuzad grants Kel'Thuzad a permanent 128 Shield, stacking up to 2 times.
Additionally, Chains of Kel'Thuzad deals up to 270 bonus damage to Shields.
- Damage is dealt to Shields only, cannot overflow to the target unit.
❢ Quest: Collect 12 Regeneration Globes to charge Kel'Thuzad's Phylactery.
❢ Reward: Kel'Thuzad's Phylactery can be activated while dead to immediately respawn at the Hall of Storms, but must be charged again.
Passive: Kel'Thuzad heals for 10% of all Spell Damage dealt while the Phylactery is charged.
- All stacks are consumed and passive effect is lost when the Ability is activated.
Cooldown: 25 seconds
Active: Activate to gain 50 Physical Armor for 4 seconds. Upon activation, nearby enemies take 45 damage and are Slowed by 35% for 4 seconds.
Each time a Hero is hit by Death and Decay's pool, they take 25% more periodic damage from Death and Decay for the next 4 seconds, stacking up to 4 times.
- Counter tracks each enemy Hero affected by Death and Decay separately.
- Damage bonus stacks additively with itself and other offensive damage modifiers.
Every 8 seconds, Kel'Thuzad's next Basic Attack hits all enemies in the area for 80% additional damage, deals Spell Damage instead of Physical, and Slows by 30% for 2 seconds.
Reduce the cooldown of Glacial Spike by 10 seconds and increase its damage by 400%.
- Damage bonus stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers affecting Glacial Spike's damage.
Cooldown: 50 seconds
Launch a meteor of ice at an enemy Hero. Upon impact, the meteor deals 115 damage to its target and 275 damage to enemies in the area. All enemies hit by Frost Blast are Rooted for 2 seconds.
Cooldown: 16 seconds
Create a fissure anywhere on the Battleground that explodes after 1.5 seconds, dealing 320 damage to enemy Heroes in its area. If an enemy Hero is hit, set its cooldown to 1.5 seconds.
Increase Frost Nova's Slow by 20%. Each time Kel'Thuzad damages enemies Slowed by Frost Nova, reduce the cooldown of Frost Nova by 0.75 seconds.
- Cooldown reduction is triggered by every tick of damage dealt by Kel'Thuzad from both Basic Attacks and Abilities.
- Basic Attacks also grant this cooldown reduction even if they miss due to Kel'Thuzad being Blinded or the target Evading.
After Chains of Kel'Thuzad's Stun expires, targets are Slowed by 60% for 1 seconds.
Pulling a Hero with Chains of Kel'Thuzad reduces its cooldown by 5 seconds and refunds its Mana cost.
- The effect can trigger only once per cast regardless of how many Heroes were chained.
Whenver Kel'Thuzad hits an enemy Hero with Death and Decay's explosion, its cooldown is reduced by 1.5 seconds.
- Cooldown reduction can trigger multiple times per cast.
- Periodic damage instances do not grant cooldown reduction.
Enemies that are Rooted take an additional 55 damage each time they are damaged by Kel'Thuzad.
- Bonus damage is added to every tick of damage dealt by Kel'Thuzad from both Basic Attacks and Abilities.
- Basic Attacks deal this bonus damage even if they miss due to Kel'Thuzad being Blinded or the target Evading.
Stunning, Rooting, or Slowing a Hero grants 6% Spell Power for 10 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
- Spell Power stacks additively with itself and offensive damage modifiers affecting Kel'Thuzad's Spell Damage output.
When Frost Blast's Root expires, enemies are Slowed by 40% for 3 seconds. Heroes killed while under the effects of Frost Blast instantly release another Frost Blast explosion.
- The post-Root Slow from Deathchill also counts as being affected by Frost Blast, triggering the secondary explosion upon a Hero's death.
If a Hero is hit with Shadow Fissure, a second one is cast below them 1 second later. This second cast will not duplicate itself.
- The secondary explosion has the same area and initial delay, which starts after the 1 second secondary cast delay, as the original, but it does not grant the cooldown reduction upon hitting an enemy Hero
Cooldown: 240 seconds
Active: Activate to dash forward, dealing 150 damage to enemies in the path. Takedowns reset the cooldown of Shifting Malice.
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Active: Activate to create a Shade of Naxxramas that lasts 15 seconds and mimics Kel'Thuzad's casts of Death and Decay.
- Shade is Invulnerable and Untargetable and has no collision.
- Shade's Death and Decay benefits from all talents affecting it.
Builds and guides
|Backstory: Kel'Thuzad has faithfully served the Lich King both in life and after death. Reanimated as the Archlich of the Scourge and given domain of the Dread Necropolis, Naxxramas, Kel'Thuzad remains Arthas's most trusted advisor and master of the cold dark.|
750 / 10,000
Archlich of Naxxramas
120 / 75
120 / 75
|Backstory: "What the heroes of this pitiful blue marble fail to understand is the Earth's fate cannot be delayed forever. In the end, the stars will fade and die, and in the cold dark... our empire is eternal."|
|Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Superheroes vs. Eternal Empire skins.|
350 / 400
350 / 400
350 / 400
350 / 400
350 / 400
|Backstory: It is said the frosts of Northrend descend upon the unwary in an instant; chilling beyond the bone and into the soul.|
Calavera de Kel'Thuzad
Lil' K.T.'s Xylobones
Meow of Mr. Bigglesworth
Star Lich Kel'Thuzad
- Kel'Thuzad first appeared in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (July 2002).
- His book debut was five years later, in World of Warcraft: Tides of Darkness (August 2007).
- Kel'Thuzad is voiced by Michael McConnohie in all of his game appearances with the exception of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (November 2008).
- Kel'Thuzad was under consideration for inclusion as early as 2011.
- Preliminary work on Kel'Thuzad's model was done on the artists stage at BlizzCon 2014.
- Kel'Thuzad owns a cat named Mr. Bigglesworth, who appears during his owner's dance animation. This is a reference to the cat owned by Dr. Evil in the Austin Powers series (May 1997).
- Early on Kel'Thuzad development, one of his level 1 talents was actually Mr. Bigglesworth which was a pet he could summon and move around with his 1 Key, similarly to Lunara's Wisp. While it was out, it had an aura that increased Kel'Thuzad's spell power as long as he was near it, but had a long cooldown if an enemy hero was able to attack it. Another idea we tried was that Mr. Bigglesworth was a scout like the Wisp, but if it was attacked it would run away and Kel'Thuzad would yell at the enemy team for attacking it and gain a huge damage buff for a short amount of time. The developers moved away from these ideas for a few reasons, but the main thing was that as a combo mage, it felt tedious and fatiguing to be constantly maneuvering a pet around while trying to land difficult combos.
- One of Kel'Thuzad's quotes references the running joke about Darkness.
- The Frost Nova, Frost Armor, Dark Ritual and Death and Decay portraits all represent of Kel'Thuzad's respective ability icons from Warcraft III (His abilities are the same as those of an ordinary Lich).
- Kel'Thuzad Hero Week
- Kel'Thuzad - Heroes of the Storm
- Kel'Thuzad - Wowpedia
- Resurrecting Kel'Thuzad
- Kel'Thuzad Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
|Bruisers||Artanis • Chen • Deathwing • Dehaka • D.Va • Gazlowe • Hogger • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins||Alarak • The Butcher • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Qhira • Samuro • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Greymane • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tassadar • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support||Abathur • The Lost Vikings • Medivh • Zarya|
|Tanks||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Mei • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|