"I yearn for battle."
|Title||Archangel of Valor|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||January 8, 2019|
Imperius, the Archangel of Valor, is a melee Bruiser Hero from the Diablo franchise. Leader of the Angiris Council and Aspect of Valor, Imperius has valiantly led the armies of the High Heavens to innumerous victories over the demons of the Burning Hells. While his methods are exact and severe, there is no greater defender of righteousness in the entirety of creation.
This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
Imperius is one of the five Angel Aspects of the Angiris Council, the Archangel and Aspect of Valor, and the leader of the Heavenly Host. He was born from one of the virtues of the great titan Anu at the beginning of time, and has led the Angiris Council and Heavenly Host since Malthael's absence. Known for his unshakable bravery, he and Tyrael led the Heavenly Host to countless victories against the Burning Hells. When the human world of Sanctuary was discovered, Imperius voted for humanity's eradication, viewing them as demonspawn, but was outvoted by Itherael, Auriel, Malthael and Tyrael.
As the truce between Heaven and Hell robbed Imperius from further opportunities to prove his valor in battle, he grew legalistic and tyrannical over the years. Imperius wanted to hold Tyrael accountable for interfering with Sanctuary and destroying the Worldstone, stating that he had brazenly gone against the laws of High Heavens. But Tyrael did not yield and ultimately chose to renounce his own angelhood to side with humanity, which Imperius found sacrilegious. Following the Siege of Bastion's Keep, Imperius faced Diablo, who now reborn as the Prime Evil lead an attack on the High Heavens. Powerless to stop Diablo's assault at the Diamond Gates, and after being paralyzed by the corruption of Crystal Arch, Imperius had to rely on the Nephalem to defeat the Prime Evil and save the High Heavens.
Later, when Malthael, who had now re-emerged as the Aspect of Death and stolen the Black Soulstone, attacked the Pandemonium Gate in High Heavens to prevent the Nephalem from pursuing him, Imperius was shocked to learn that he would attack his brethren, and - while indifferent about humanity being eradicated as a result of Malthael's ambitions - he reluctantly agreed to work with the Nephalem in order to put an end to Malthael's madness.
Imperius is an all-in Bruiser who leads the charge with strong initiation and single target damage. His Trait, Valorous Brand, marks enemies he hits with a Basic Ability, empowering his next Basic Attack against them. Each enemy can have up to three marks, one for each ability. His first ability, Celestial Charge, lunges forward and impales heroes he hits on his spear, Stunning them. Solarion's Flare sends out a wave of fire which deals extra damage and Slows at the very center. Molten Armor surrounds Imperius in fire, damaging nearby enemies and healing Imperius for the damage dealt.
His first Heroic Ability is Angelic Armaments, surrounding Imperius with holy swords and granting him a large Shield for a duration. If the shield is unbroken, Imperius can then fire the swords at his enemies. His other option, Wrath of the Angiris, allows him to charge at an enemy and carry them into the sky. Imperius then has a moment to reposition before crashing down to earth, stunning his target.
- See Data page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
Celestial Charge's final damage is increased by 75% and cooldown is reduced by 1.25 seconds for each Valorous Brand on the target when the Stun completes.
- Stacks additively with itself and other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Celestial Charge's damage.
Increase the center damage of Solarion's Fire by an additional 125% and its Slow amount by 15%. The first enemy Hero hit by Solarion's Fire refunds 30 Mana.
- Stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers affecting Solarion's Fire's damage.
Molten Armor grants 20 Armor for 1.5 seconds. Damaging an enemy Hero with Molten Armor increases the duration of the Armor by 0.5 seconds.
- Does not stack with other positive Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
Increase the healing of Valorous Brand by 80%.
Gain 10 Armor while being healed by a Regeneration Globe. Damaging an enemy Hero sets the duration of an active Regeneration Globe on Imperius to 8 seconds (unless it is already higher).
- Does not stack with itself or other positive Armor effects. Other damage modifiers may stack.
Consuming a mark from Celestial Charge deals 150 damage around the target and grants Imperius a 250 point Shield for 4 seconds.
- Also affects the target itself.
- Enemies cannot be hit by Flash of Anger more than once per cast.
- Does not benefit from talents affecting Celestial Charge.
- Shield does not stack.
- Damage is dealt and Shield is gained even if Imperius is Blinded, or if the target is Evading.
Solarion's Fire leaves a line of scorched earth along its center that explodes after 2 seconds for 205 damage, dealing bonus damage with Valorous Brand marks.
- Does not benefit from talents affecting Solarion's Fire.
- Valorous Brand marks only provide bonus damage. Blaze of Glory does not interact with any other effects associated with them.
- Blaze of Glory does not remove Valorous Brand marks from the targets.
- Damage bonus stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Blaze of Glory's damage.
Cooldown: 25 seconds
Active: Activate to cause the next 4 Basic Attacks within 10 seconds to cleave for 30% additional damage.
Passive: Casting Molten Armor grants Holy Fervor for 2 Basic Attacks.
- Consumes Valorous Brand marks from all targets hit.
- Cooldown and duration start upon the first attack.
- Duration limit also applies to passive charges and starts from the first Basic Attack after casting Molten Armor.
- May store up to 6 Basic Attacks combining the active and passive effects, but passive charges are refreshed every time Molten Armor is cast and cannot by themselves go past 2.
- Stacks additively with other damage modifiers affecting Imperius's Physical Damage output.
Cooldown: 70 seconds
Summon a ring of blazing swords that grants 850 Shield for 3 seconds. If the Shield lasts the full duration, this Ability can be reactivated within 5 seconds to launch 6 swords toward an area, each dealing 140 damage to the first enemy hit.
Cooldown: 80 seconds
After 0.75 seconds, charge in the target direction, lifting the first enemy Hero hit into the Heavens. While in the air, Imperius can steer the landing location by moving. After 2 seconds, slam the target into the ground, dealing 375 damage and Stunning them for 1 second.
Stunning enemy Heroes with Celestial Charge reduces their Movement Speed by 25% and damage by 50% for 4 seconds.
- Debuff is applied immediately once the Stun ends, regardless of whether Imperius finished the channel or not.
- Damage debuff stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers affecting the target's damage output.
Consuming a Valorous Brand mark reduces the cooldown of Molten Armor by 1 second.
Increase Molten Armor's healing against Heroes by 2% for every 1% of health Imperius is Missing.
- Stacks additively with baseline Hero bonus.
Gain 20% Movement Speed for 5 seconds after casting Celestial Charge. Gain 40% Attack Speed for 5 seconds for each enemy Hero stunned with Celestial Charge.
Consuming a Molten Armor mark reduces the target's Armor by 25 for 4 seconds.
- Armor reduction triggers even if Imperius is Blinded, or if the target is Evading.
- Subsequent applications refresh the duration.
- Does not stack with itself or other negative Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Active: Activate to teleport to an enemy that has been marked by Valorous Brand and gain 25 Armor for 3 seconds.
Nearby allied Heroes gain 600 Shield for 3 seconds. If the Shield lasts the full duration, fire a sword at the nearest enemy Hero, dealing 140 damage.
- Additional swords are only fired from Allied Heroes' Shields that expire without breaking.
Descending from the Heavens restores 30% of Imperius' maximum Health and Mana. Consuming a Valorous Brand reduces the cooldown of Wrath of the Angiris by 10 seconds.
Reduce the duration of Valorous Brand to 5 seconds, but it is no longer consumed when triggered.
Cooldown: 75 seconds
Active: Activate to become Unstoppable and gain 75 Spell Armor for 3 seconds. Hitting Heroes with the center of Solarion's Fire reduces this cooldown by 5 seconds.
Builds and guides
|Backstory: Leader of the Angiris Council and Aspect of Valor, Imperius has valiantly led the armies of the High Heavens to innumerous victories over the demons of the Burning Hells. While his methods are exact and severe, there is no greater defender of righteousness in the entirety of creation.|
750 / 10,000
Archangel of Valor
120 / 75
120 / 75
|Backstory: The Lord of Wrath is said to be the greatest warrior in the Burning Hells. His limitless anger is nearly uncontainable: an unholy inferno that would see all life consumed by its profane flame.|
|Features: Altered voice-over|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of alternative history skins.|
350 / 400
350 / 400
350 / 400
|Imperius Event Skins|
|Backstory: El Bandido Imperius claims to be a fallen angel, an immortal avatar of motorcycle exhaust with no respect for the laws of man. He'll elbow-drop anyone who gets in his way, in or out of the ring.|
|Features: Themed animations.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Nexomania skins.|
525 / 600
525 / 600
525 / 600
525 / 600
El Bandido Imperius
Bandido's Burning Strike
Mysterious El Bandido
- Imperius made his debut in Diablo III (May 2012).
- His book debut was five years earlier, in The Veiled Prophet (September 2007).
- Imperius was confirmed on twitter.
- Imperius is voiced by Rick D. Wasserman.
- Imperius was under consideration for inclusion as early as 2014.
- Imperius is the eighteenth Diablo hero in the game.
- Imperius is the fourth angel hero in the game the first three being Tyrael, Auriel, and Malthael.
- The Indomitable Imperius skin is a reference to Tony Stark's Iron Man armor from Iron Man (April 2008).
- Strangely, his face has a white and cyan highlight.
- The Knight-Captain Imperius palette resembles a Stormwind soldier of a high rank.
- Imperius' dance animation has him hold Solarion aloft in midair and do the limbo underneath it before picking it up by the hilt.
- Heroes of the Storm:@BlizzHeroes Out of the High Heavens, and into the Nexus! Imperius will be playable on the PTR starting January 2.
- Bridget on Twitter
- 2014-10-15, Developer Insights: Azmodan Tells All "Well... let's just say there are many more Diablo heroes and villains in the works at varying stages of development. We've seen a lot of community (and internal!) requests for characters like the Necromancer, Imperius, the Monk, and of course, the Last Horadrim himself. You'll just have to stay a while and listen for news in the future."
- Imperius – Heroes of the Storm
- Imperius - Diablo Wiki
- Imperius Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Imperius Guide on Icy Veins
|Bruisers||Artanis • Chen • Deathwing • Dehaka • D.Va • Gazlowe • Hogger • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins||Alarak • The Butcher • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Qhira • Samuro • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Greymane • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tassadar • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support||Abathur • The Lost Vikings • Medivh • Zarya|
|Tanks||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Mei • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|