"I yearn for battle."
|Title||Archangel of Valor|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||January 8, 2019|
Imperius, the Archangel of Valor, is a melee Bruiser Hero from the Diablo franchise. Leader of the Angiris Council and Aspect of Valor, Imperius has valiantly led the armies of the High Heavens to innumerous victories over the demons of the Burning Hells. While his methods are exact and severe, there is no greater defender of righteousness in the entirety of creation.
This section concerns content exclusive to Diablo universe.
Imperius is the Archangel and Aspect of Valor, one of the five Angel Aspects, leader and aspect of the Heavenly Host and member of the Angiris Council, Who was born from one of the virtues of the great titan Anu at the beginning of time. and has led the Angiris Council and Heavenly Host since Malthael's absence. Known for his unshakable bravery, he and Tyrael led the Heavenly Host to countless victories against the Burning Hells. When the human world of Sanctuary was discovered, Imperius voted for humanity's eradication, viewing them as demonspawn, but was outvoted by Itherael, Auriel, Malthael and Tyrael.
Since the truce between Heaven and Hell robbed Imperius from further opportunities to prove his valor in battle, he grew legalistic and tyrannical over the years. When he tried to punish Tyrael for interfering with Sanctuary and destroying the Worldstone, Tyrael defied Imperius' judgment and renounced his angelhood. Powerless to stop Diablo's assault on the Crystal Arch, Imperius witnessed the Nephalem defeat the Prime Evil and save the High Heavens. When Malthael, now the Archangel and Aspect of Death after Tyrael became the Aspect of Wisdom and Imperius became the New Leader of the Angiris Council, he attacked the High Heavens, he reluctantly asked the Nephalem to put an end to Malthael's madness.
Imperius is an all-in Bruiser who leads the charge with strong initiation and single target damage. His Trait, Valorous Brand, marks enemies he hits with a Basic Ability, empowering his next Basic Attack against them. Each enemy can have up to three marks, one for each ability. His first ability, Celestial Charge, lunges forward and impales heroes he hits on his spear, Stunning them. Solarion's Flare sends out a wave of fire which deals extra damage and Slows at the very center. Molten Armor surrounds Imperius in fire, damaging nearby enemies and healing Imperius for the damage dealt.
His first Heroic Ability is Angelic Armaments, surrounding Imperius with holy swords and granting him a large Shield for a duration. If the shield is unbroken, Imperius can then fire the swords at his enemies. His other option, Wrath of the Angiris, allows him to charge at an enemy and carry them into the sky. Imperius then has a moment to reposition before crashing down to earth, stunning his target.
- See Data page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
- Stacks additively with itself and other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Celestial Charge's damage.
- Stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers affecting Solarion's Fire's damage.
- Does not stack with other positive Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
- Does not stack with itself or other positive Armor effects. Other damage modifiers may stack.
- Also affects the target itself.
- Enemies cannot be hit by Flash of Anger more than once per cast.
- Does not benefit from talents affecting Celestial Charge.
- Shield does not stack.
- Damage is dealt and Shield is gained even if Imperius is Blinded, or if the target is Evading.
- Does not benefit from talents affecting Solarion's Fire.
Active: Activate to cause the next 4 Basic Attacks within 10 seconds to cleave for 30% additional damage.
Passive: Casting Molten Armor grants Holy Fervor for 2 Basic Attacks.
- Consumes Valorous Brand marks from all targets hit.
- Cooldown and duration start upon the first attack.
- Duration limit also applies to passive charges and starts from the first Basic Attack after casting Molten Armor.
- May store up to 6 Basic Attacks combining the active and passive effects, but passive charges are refreshed every time Molten Armor is cast and cannot by themselves go past 2.
- Stacks additively with other damage modifiers affecting Imperius's Physical Damage output.
Summon a ring of blazing swords that grants 850 Shield for 3 seconds. If the Shield lasts the full duration, this Ability can be reactivated within 5 seconds to launch 6 swords toward an area, each dealing 140 damage to the first enemy hit.
After 0.75 seconds, charge in the target direction, lifting the first enemy Hero hit into the Heavens. While in the air, Imperius can steer the landing location by moving. After 2 seconds, slam the target into the ground, dealing 375 damage and Stunning them for 1 second.
- Debuff is applied immediately once the Stun ends, regardless of whether Imperius finished the channel or not.
- Damage debuff stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers affecting the target's damage output.
- Stacks additively with baseline Hero bonus.
- Armor reduction triggers even if Imperius is Blinded, or if the target is Evading.
- Subsequent applications refresh the duration.
- Does not stack with itself or other negative Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
Active: Activate to teleport to an enemy that has been marked by Valorous Brand and gain 25 Armor for 3 seconds.
- Additional swords are only fired from Allied Heroes' Shields that expire without breaking.
Active: Activate to become Unstoppable and gain 75 Spell Armor for 3 seconds. Hitting Heroes with the center of Solarion's Fire reduces this cooldown by 5 seconds.
Builds and guides
|Backstory: Leader of the Angiris Council and Aspect of Valor, Imperius has valiantly led the armies of the High Heavens to innumerous victories over the demons of the Burning Hells. While his methods are exact and severe, there is no greater defender of righteousness in the entirety of creation.|
750 / 10,000
Archangel of Valor
120 / 75
120 / 75
|Backstory: The Lord of Wrath is said to be the greatest warrior in the Burning Hells. His limitless anger is nearly uncontainable: an unholy inferno that would see all life consumed by its profane flame.|
|Features: Altered voice-over|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of alternative history skins.|
350 / 400
350 / 400
350 / 400
|Imperius Event Skins|
|Backstory: El Bandido Imperius claims to be a fallen angel, an immortal avatar of motorcycle exhaust with no respect for the laws of man. He'll elbow-drop anyone who gets in his way, in or out of the ring.|
|Features: Themed animations.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Nexomania skins.|
525 / 600
525 / 600
525 / 600
525 / 600
El Bandido Imperius
Bandido's Burning Strike
Mysterious El Bandido
- Imperius made his debut in Diablo III (May 2012).
- His book debut was five years earlier, in The Veiled Prophet (September 2007).
- Imperius was confirmed on twitter.
- Imperius is voiced by Rick D. Wasserman.
- Imperius was under consideration for inclusion as early as 2014.
- Imperius is the eighteenth Diablo hero in the game.
- Imperius is the fourth angel hero in the game the first three being Tyrael, Auriel, and Malthael.
- The Indomitable Imperius skin is a reference to Tony Stark's Iron Man armor from Iron Man (April 2008).
- Strangely, his face has a white and cyan highlight.
- The Knight-Captain Imperius palette resembles a Stormwind soldier of a high rank.
- Imperius' dance animation has him hold Solarion aloft in midair and do the limbo underneath it before picking it up by the hilt.
- Heroes of the Storm:@BlizzHeroes Out of the High Heavens, and into the Nexus! Imperius will be playable on the PTR starting January 2.
- Bridget on Twitter
- 2014-10-15, Developer Insights: Azmodan Tells All "Well... let's just say there are many more Diablo heroes and villains in the works at varying stages of development. We've seen a lot of community (and internal!) requests for characters like the Necromancer, Imperius, the Monk, and of course, the Last Horadrim himself. You'll just have to stay a while and listen for news in the future."
- Imperius – Heroes of the Storm
- Imperius - Diablo Wiki
- Imperius Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Imperius Guide on Icy Veins
|Bruisers||Artanis • Chen • Deathwing • Dehaka • D.Va • Gazlowe • Hogger • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins||Alarak • The Butcher • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Qhira • Samuro • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Greymane • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tassadar • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support||Abathur • The Lost Vikings • Medivh • Zarya|
|Tanks||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Mei • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|