Heroes Brawl takes the current iteration of Heroes of the Storm and turns it on its head in a special mode that applies a different set of rules and conditions each week. Provided players participate in at least two (rarely three) matches per week they will be rewarded with a Loot Chest and hero experience. If multiple heroes are used, the experience will be divided equally among them.
Length of play time will vary depending on the brawl, ranging anywhere from a quick four-minute match to almost 20 minutes.
AFK detection is present in Heroes Brawl. Players who become inactive during a Brawl will be disconnected from the match.
Brawl maps fall into one of three categories:
- One-lane maps
- Altered maps: These fall under “mutators,” “standard battlegrounds with substantial modifiers."
- Blackheart's Revenge
- Booty Coffers
- Checkpoint: Hanamura is a modified version of Hanamura
- Escape from Braxis
- Garden Arena is a modified version of Garden of Terror.
- Pull Party
- Punisher Arena is a simple game where the highest number of hero and Punisher kills determines the winner. Teams will have Punishers working for them rather than having to earn them. These Punisher kills reward roughly twice the number of points as killing an opposing hero. 100 points nabs the match, but it’s a best-of-three scenario.
- Temple Arena is a modified version of Sky Temple.
- Modified maps: These maps are variations of existing battlegrounds.
- AzmoDUNK is a modified version of Tomb of the Spider Queen
- Bloodlust Brawl is a modified version of Dragon Shire
- Deadman's Stand (Normal) is a modified version of Warhead Junction
- Ghost Protocol is a modified version of Towers of Doom
- Hammer Time is a modified version of Towers of Doom
- Heroes of the Stars is a modified version of Braxis Holdout
- Mage Wars is a modified version of Tomb of the Spider Queen
- Snow Brawl is a modified version of Cursed Hollow
- Special Delivery is a modified version of Hanamura
- The Mines Reopen is a modified version of Haunted Mines
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Fixed an issue that could cause increased loading times when entering Heroes.; Fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck on ‘Waiting for Game Results’ after finishing a Heroes Brawl.
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Brawls that only require completion of 2 matches will no longer state that 3 matches are needed in order to earn rewards.
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: AFK Detection Added.
- (Patch October 25, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue causing an "Unmet Requirements" message to pop up when in a party queued for Heroes Brawl.; Removed an inaccurate line from the Punisher Arena's Info Panel at the queue screen.; Fixed an issue causing Heroes Brawl score screens to incorrectly display Hero level ups and gold grants when certain conditions were met.
- (Patch October 18, 2016) Note: Added.