Hero Levels are an aspect of Heroes of the Storm. It applies to specific heroes rather than the player as a whole. They are gained through playing matches in any mode. All heroes begin at level 1, with no level cap. Level progression unlocks rewards such as gold, portraits, and Mastery Taunts.
Rewards are as follows:
- Level 5: the hero's portrait in the Collection; 500 gold
- Level 10: Loot Chest with at least one item linked to the hero guaranteed
- Level 15: the hero's master portrait in the Collection; the hero's Mastery Taunt
Experience to level Edit
The required experience to level is as follows; each level after 12 requires 1,200,000 experience:
|Level||xp to next level||Total xp|
|Level 2||100,000 experience||100,000 experience|
|Level 3||250,000 experience||350,000 experience|
|Level 4||400,000 experience||750,000 experience|
|Level 5||500,000 experience||1,250,000 experience|
|Level 6||600,000 experience||1,850,000 experience|
|Level 7||700,000 experience||2,550,000 experience|
|Level 8||800,000 experience||3,350,000 experience|
|Level 9||900,000 experience||4,250,000 experience|
|Level 10||1,000,000 experience||5,250,000 experience|
|Level 11||1,100,000 experience||6,350,000 experience|
|Level 12||1,200,000 experience||7,550,000 experience|
Hero Levels were previously known as "Hero Quests" and subsequently "Progression Levels". Players were required to complete Versus Mode matches only in order to progress through Hero Quests and unlock the rewards they had to offer. These quests were unlocked at levels 10 and 20. The first set of these quests, unlocked at level 10, allowed players to dig into individual heroes and complete a series of three Basic Hero Quests (Hero Quests 1, 2, and 3). After reaching level 20, players were able to progress their individual characters through a series of Epic Hero Quests (Hero Quests 4, 5, and 6). Completing such quests added to customization options.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch April 25, 2017) Note: Revamped.
- (Patch December 8, 2015) Note: Talent Gating has been removed from Heroes of the Storm, and players will now have access to all Hero Talents regardless of their account levels.
- (Patch June 30, 2015) Note: Several Hero Level rewards have been slightly altered.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 2014-07-24, Heroes of the Storm Technical Alpha Patch Notes build 0.5.0.31360. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2014-08-06
- ↑ 2014-03-12, HEROES OF THE STORM PREVIEW: UNLOCKING THE HERO WITHIN. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2014-06-08