Uses[edit | edit source]
Gold can be used to
- purchase heroes,
- purchase loot chests,
- re-roll loot chests,
- purchase certain mounts,
- purchase certain announcers,
- as well as certain hero skins.
- purchase Mastery Ring for any Hero over the Hero Level 15.
Earning gold[edit | edit source]
Playing a match in most game modes give you gold upon completion. The amount of gold depends on which game mode has been played and on whether the match has been won or lost. Stimpacks and the First Win of the Day bonus can further increase this amount. The following table lists all amounts of gold that can be earned in various game modes.
|Game Mode||No Boost||With Boost||First Win|
of the Day
|Defeat||Victory||1:2 Defeat||Defeat||Victory||1:2 Defeat|
|Removed Game Modes|
Other sources of gold:
- Every 5 Hero Levels (5, 10, 15 etc.) (out-of-game) on any Hero gives you 500.
- Completing a Daily Quest gives you 200 to 800, depending on the quest.
- Completing the Introduction Tutorial for 250, the Basic Tutorial for 250, and Advanced Tutorial for 500.
- Ranked Season 3 2019: Winning 50 games gives you a total of 3750.
- Having qualified for Hero League or Team League gives you 500 to 2,000 for each mode at the end of the season, depending of the maximum rank reached during the season in the respective mode.