The Garden Terror is a summon in the Garden of Terror map. If a team successfully collects 3 seeds before their enemy, one will spawn in each lane and push towards the core. They possess high health, damage, and can disable structures.
The Garden Terror is a very powerful summon, and contrary to the Dragon Knight, has moderate damage but extremely high health. Garden terrors can spawn bulbs that disable all structures within a certain area. These bulbs can be targeted and destroyed, although it's likely the terror will just make another one soon after. They also possess a powerful AoE slam that stuns nearby heroes and kills minions. Because of the Garden Terror's powerful abilities and skills, gathering enough seeds before the enemy team can is crucial. It is recommended that the team join with the terror pushing the enemy's weakest lane in order to reach the core as soon as possible
- As of September 2018, Garden terrors are no longer a vehicle, and rather AI-controlled creatures similar to Alterac Pass' raiders.
Patch changes (Pre 2018 update)
- (Patch December 12, 2017) Note: Hero portraits will now be displayed when heroes are inside.
- (Patch October 17, 2017) Note: AI Heroes controlling the Garden Terror will no longer become unresponsive.
- (Patch October 11, 2017) Note: AI Heroes controlling the Garden Terror will no longer become unresponsive.
- (Patch September 26, 2017) Note: All vehicles, including the Dragon Knight, Garden Terror, and Triglav Protector are now Unstoppable.; The Dragon Knight and Garden Terror will now correctly follow Force Move commands.
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: Terror of the Garden (Passive) now also reduces the duration of Blinds by 50%.
- (Patch August 9, 2016) Note: Fixed an issue which prevented the Garden Terror’s Overgrowth from being cast if its area of effect would overlap with the opposing team’s Hall of Storms.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: Increased Overgrowth's damage bonus against Structures from 100% to 200%.
- (Patch June 14, 2016) Note: The Garden Terror's basic attack splash will now correctly deal bonus damage to structures affected by Overgrowth.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: The Dragon Knight and Garden Terror have received updated Ability button art.
- (Patch March 29, 2016) Note: Basic Attack damage reduced by 15%; Basic Attacks now deal 50% damage to nearby non-Heroic enemies; Basic Attacks now instantly kill Minions; Overgrowth (W): No longer affects Minions or Mercenaries; No longer deals damage to Structures; Garden Terror now deals 100% bonus damage to Structures disabled by Overgrowth; Maximum duration increased from 15 to 25 seconds; Cooldown increased from 15 to 25 seconds; Health increased by 100%.
- (Patch February 2, 2016) Note: Silences will no longer prevent Heroes from entering a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror.
- (Patch October 20, 2015) Note: Fixed an issue that caused abnormal Hero movement when a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror was killed or expired nearby.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Regeneration Globes will no longer heal Dragon Knights and Garden Terrors. Instead, Regeneration Globe effects will now be applied directly to the Hero inside the Dragon Knight or Garden Terror. Players within a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror can now also accumulate stacks for Talents such as Seasoned Marksman, Gathering Power, Regeneration Master, etc.; Overgrowth (W): Now also disables the enemy Core. Health now increases the longer the game progresses.