|Price||625 / 7,000|
|Release Date||March 13, 2014|
Falstad Wildhammer, the Wildhammer Thane, is a Ranged Assassin hero from the Warcraft universe. He is the High Thane of the Wildhammer clan and a founding member of the Council of Three Hammers that now presides over Ironforge. Despite wild speculation, Falstad has never been dead and anyone who claims such is a liar.
Falstad is an Assassin who can fly large distances, excelling on large battlegrounds.
Background[edit | edit source]
This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Falstad Wildhammer first gained notoriety as the leader of a group of gryphon riders that patrolled Lordaeron's shores against dragons after the Second War, earning him the name Falstad Dragonreaver. Despite his skill against the giant creatures, Falstad is also one of the most respected humanoids alive in the eyes of the Red dragonflight due to his participation in the mission to rescue Alexstrasza from the Dragonmaw clan at the fortress of Grim Batol.
Following the presumed death or retirement of High Thane Maz Drachrip of the Wildhammer clan, Falstad became the new High Thane. Ruling from his seat at Aerie Peak in the Hinterlands, Falstad had officially maintained neutrality in the war between the Horde and Alliance, despite his leanings towards the latter. This allowed the Wildhammers to avoid open hostilities with the Revantusk trolls, though isolated skirmishes were not necessarily rare occurrences in the Hinterlands due to limited territory and the natural animosity between the two races. This neutrality would prove to be short lived. With the Revantusk trolls to the east and the Forsaken capital only a short distance to the northwest, as well as the growing threat of the Scourge, Falstad found himself squeezed from three sides and worked to rebuild the relationship between the Wildhammers and the Alliance.
When Magni Bronzebeard, King of Ironforge and head of the Bronzebeard clan fell prey to a curse that turned him to crystal, a council with a representative from each major dwarven clan was formed to succeed him. Falstad, representing the Wildhammer clan, now rules alongside Moira Thaurissan of the Dark Iron clan and Muradin Bronzebeard, King Magni's brother.
Falstad's gryphon mount, Swiftwing, is a minor character from the Hinterlands leveling zone. Said to be the mightiest gryphon living in the Wildhammer dwarven capital of Aerie Peak, Swiftwing has a mate, Keenclaw, and a son, Sharpbeak. Saving Sharpbeak from capture by the Vilebranch forest troll tribe was the focus of a quest in Vanilla WoW, but other than that Swiftwing has no other involvement with the plot.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Falstad is a versatile and flexible ranged damage dealer. His strong points are his solid single-target DPS, extreme on-demand area of effect ranged burst damage, and global mobility. However, his relative fragility makes him a high priority target.
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Flight offers global map control
- Solid single-target damage output
- On-demand burst damage
- Strong in all phases of the game
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Extremely dependent on good positioning
- Low base Health and weak to dive
- Vulnerable to crowd control
- Lengthy Ability Cooldowns
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- See Data page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
Talents[edit | edit source]
- Hammerang's reactivation also grants stacks and benefits from the damage bonus.
- Stacks additively with itself and other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Hammerang's damage.
❢ Quest: After 3 Lightning Rod strikes, subsequent strikes on enemy Heroes increase its damage by 1%, up to 75%.
- Damage bonus affects both initial and periodic damage instances.
- Damage bonus stacks additively with itself and offensive damage modifiers that can affect Lightning Rod's damage.
❢ Quest: Minion kills grant 0.2 Basic Attack Damage. Hero Takedowns grant 0.5 Basic Attack Damage.
- When Tailwind is activated through this talent, it cannot be interrupted by taking damage.
- Minions that die in any way within 12 radius of Falstad grant quest progress.
- Duration is refreshed on every consecutive lightning strike.
- Stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers affecting Falstad's Basic Attack damage.
- Damage bonus stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Hammerang's explosion damage.
- Does not stack with other negative Spell Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
- Cast: 1.375
- Active: 2.0
- Increases Lightning Rod's maximum duration to 6 seconds.
After 1 second, deal 475 damage to enemies within a long line. The cooldown is reduced by 30 seconds for every enemy Hero hit.
Push enemies away, and Slow their Movement Speed by 40% decaying over 4 seconds.
- Only affects the periodic damage instances.
- If Lightning Rod lasts for its full duration, Thunderstrikes retains 1 stack for the next cast.
- Stacks additively with itself and multiplicatively with other offensive damage modifiers affecting Lightning Rod's damage.
- Stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers affecting Hinterland Blast
- Wind Tunnel's pulses do not Slow.
Skins[edit | edit source]
|Backstory: Falstad Wildhammer is the High Thane of the Wildhammer Clan and a founding member of the Council of Three Hammers that presides over Ironforge. Despite speculation, Falstad has never been dead and anyone who claims such is a liar.|
625 / 7,000
120 / 75
|Backstory: To this day, Captain Falstad and the crew of the Wildhammer honor the pirate’s code set by Mistharbour's Council of Three Anchors. Of course, some say those rules are merely guidelines...|
|Features: Themed abilities.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Mistharbour skins.|
600 / 1,200
600 / 1,200
600 / 1,200
600 / 1,200
900 / 1,800
|Backstory: Much like other clans and races will don warpaint as they head into battle, the Wildhammer Dwarves will adorn themselves with their gryphon's feathers.|
120 / 75
120 / 75
120 / 75
|Backstory: During the War of Three Hammers, no Wildhammer was as feared as the Storm Lords. Their stormhammers forced the Bronzebeards to adopt new weapons and strategies.|
160 / 100
160 / 100
160 / 100
Portraits[edit | edit source]
Squeaky Clean Falstad
Sprays[edit | edit source]
Emojis[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gryphon riders first appeared in Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (December 1995). Falstad first appeared in the novel Day of the Dragon (February 2001).
- His first game appearance was three years later, in World of Warcraft (November 2004).
- Falstad is voiced by Michael Sorich.
- Falstad was one of the 18 heroes revealed at BlizzCon 2013.
- Falstad is the only Dwarven Ranged Assassin hero in the game.
- He is also the first and only mounted hero in the game.
- Falstad was original designed to be "Broody the Broodlord" and could passively fly over terrain. Both was changed during development.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Falstad - Heroes of the Storm
- Falstad Wildhammer - Wowpedia
- Falstad Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Falstad Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Falstad Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm
|Bruisers||Artanis • Chen • Deathwing • Dehaka • D.Va • Gazlowe • Hogger • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins||Alarak • The Butcher • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Qhira • Samuro • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Greymane • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tassadar • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support||Abathur • The Lost Vikings • Medivh • Zarya|
|Tanks||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Mei • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|