|Dates||June 30 - September 8 (2015)|
|The Eternal Conflict - Heroes of the Storm|
The Eternal Conflict was a Diablo-themed event in Heroes of the Storm, taking place between June 30 and September 8, 2015. The event added two battlegrounds, the Battlefield of Eternity and the Infernal Shrines; four heroes, Johanna, The Butcher, Leoric, and Kharazim; eight skins; and two mounts.
The event was available for testing on the Public Test Realm from June 23rd to June 30.
- 1 Official
- 2 Special features
- 3 New content
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Videos
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Official[edit | edit source]
- Angels and demons bring their eternal conflict to the Nexus, where bitter enemies may become allies, and vice versa, in a war as ancient as time. Great heroes collide on ageless battlefields, vying for the supremacy of the High Heavens or the Burning Hells. Only one side shall prevail—until the next match, of course.
- Charge into the fray with new heroes and mounts; fight in challenging new battlegrounds; look your best with awesome new skins; and earn great glory—or gold—in a crucible of blood, fire, and... treasure goblins.
Special features[edit | edit source]
Featured battlegrounds[edit | edit source]
During the event, the potential pool of battlegrounds was reduced, increasing the likelihood of doing battle on one of the new fields of war.
Treasure goblins[edit | edit source]
- Heroes! The Nexus has been infiltrated by scores of miscreant goblins. They prance and frolic throughout, hauling large sacks of stolen gold. This will not stand. Daily quests have been posted, demanding that the Nexus’ denizens slay the dastardly looters on sight. Remember, the first goblin kill of the day will net some gold for your purse. Happy hunting!
During this event, a treasure goblin would often appear in the player's start area before the match began. Treasure goblins move quickly around the starting area, briefly pausing before moving to a fresh spot. If slain, the treasure goblin's sack would spill open, and players would complete a special daily quest, awarding a small amount of gold. However if it was not defeated first, the treasure goblin would open a portal and disappear, shortly before the beginning of the match.
Treasure goblins appeared in the start area of any group containing a player who had not yet completed their daily treasure goblin quest, but each player could only complete the quest once per day. The appearance of the treasure goblins was narrated by Deckard Cain, from Diablo.
With the 2015-08-15 patch, a second special quest appeared, rewarding players who killed a further 50 treasure goblins with a special portrait.
According to a counter on the official site, the Eternal Conflict event saw 15,193,660 treasure goblins killed by players.
Special portrait[edit | edit source]
A special portrait was available for players who completed a special quest to slay 50 treasure goblins.
New content[edit | edit source]
Battlegrounds[edit | edit source]
Heroes[edit | edit source]
- Leoric, The Skeleton King
- Backstory: Madness. Betrayal. Death. These are the legacy of the Black King Leoric's reign. Driven to madness by the spirit of Diablo, Leoric brought untold suffering on his kingdom. Even after his death there was no release for the Skeleton King.
- Johanna, Crusader of Zakarum
- Backstory: There have been many women who have borne the name Johanna in service of the crusade, and each has given her life to purify her faith. Johanna carries on their legacy as she searches the kingdom of Khanduras for the fallen star.
- The Butcher, the Flesh Carver
- An unrelenting hacking echoed off the walls of the Cathedral and as Prince Aidan made his way through the depths, the sound only grew louder. There were no screams; just that dreadful sound... over and over.
- Kharazim, the Veradani Monk
- Backstory: To the monks of Ivgorod, the gods are in all things, and their divine will is proclaimed by the Patriarchs. With unshakable faith, Kharazim carries forth the decrees of the thousand and one gods to the ends of Sanctuary and the realms beyond.
Skins[edit | edit source]
Diablo[edit | edit source]
- Archangel Diablo
- Backstory: Bringing a whole new meaning to "Holy Terror."
- Epic Skin Features: Altered voice-over, themed abilities.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of alternative history skins.
Johanna[edit | edit source]
- Master Johanna
- Backstory: The crusader's armor is an emblem of their identity. Over the centuries it is constantly molded and reshaped to fit the needs and personality of its current master.
- Centurion Johanna
- Backstory: At Emperor Severus's command, an entire legion marched against the portal of the gods. All but one returned home, a single centurion taken as punishment for man's hubris.
Kharazim[edit | edit source]
- Master Kharazim
- Backstory: To the Veradani, the distinction between armor and weaponry is open to interpretation. What can provide defense, can provide offense, if the application is right.
- Jade Dragon Kharazim
- Backstory: Wielding Shi'ron's Sacred Flames is an honor given only to the Grandmaster of the Jade Dragon order. In martial combat, Kharazim has no equal--even among the Onyx Empire's Terrorguard.
Leoric[edit | edit source]
- Master Leoric
- Backstory: These ornamental warplates were once a symbol of the holy Zakarum faith. Now, they serve only as a stark reminder of its demonic corruption.
- Vrykul Leoric
- Backstory: Leoric held the Winterskorn Chieftain's skull aloft for the gathering crowd to see. "Who else among you wishes to challenge me?" The silence was deafening.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into Warcraft skins.
Nova[edit | edit source]
- Novazon Nova
- Backstory: Hailing from the Skovos Isles, the Askari, or Amazons, are skilled combatants. The young warrior Nova is an expert sharpshooter; eager to make her mark on the world.
- Note: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other franchises merging into Diablo skins..
The Butcher[edit | edit source]
- Master Butcher
- Backstory: An executioner's hood hides their identity and discourages offended parties from seeking revenge. Of course, that won't be a problem for the Butcher.
- Iron Butcher
- Backstory: There are many Butchers within the Burning Hells, but only those who serve Duriel, the Lord of Pain, bolt plates of burning iron to their flesh.
Tychus[edit | edit source]
- Prisoner Tychus
- Backstory: They say no one has ever escaped from New Folsom Prison. Wasn't too long ago that they were still right.
Mounts[edit | edit source]
- Butcher's Battle Beast
- Backstory: Fitted with furnace plates, this battle beast was made to be ridden by the Butcher himself. Of course, if you want to throw someone else up there we won't stop you.
- Treasure Goblin
- Backstory: This wiry treasure enthusiast easily makes for the fastest mount in the game... Unless it's carrying someone on its back, then it moves exactly as fast as the other mounts.
- Tyrael's Charger
- Backstory: A symbol of justice throughout all known realms... and a couple of unknown ones too.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2015-06-07, The Eternal Conflict. Facebook, accessed on 2015-06-07
- 2015-06-06, The Mayhem Begins - YouTube Launch Event
- The Eternal Conflict (official site). Retrieved on 2015-11-03.