The Dragon Knight is an available summon in Dragon Shire. It can be awakened by a team possessing both sets of obelisks and channeling into the Dragon Altar. A hero can then become the Dragon Knight. The Dragon Knight form lasts for a couple of minutes and grants the hero a massive power boost. It cannot be targeted by allied talents or abilities.
The Dragon Knight deals double damage to minions and has a base health of 8350.
|Flame Breath||Breathes fire towards the target area, burning enemies for 85 damage and leaves a patch of fire on the ground dealing damage over 2 seconds.|
|Savage Charge||Charge an enemy Hero to knock them back and deal 450 damage.|
|Trait: Rubble Maker||Doubles damage against structures. Reduces damage from structures by 60%. The Dragon Knight explodes upon death, knocking back nearby enemies.|
See also: Dragon Knight quotations
- As a summon unit, Dragon Knights carry the following properties, unmentioned in their ability list:
- Dragon Knights cannot be healed by Supports or Healing Fountains, they cannot use the latter. Allied abilities cannot target a Dragon Knight. Beneficial skill shots go through the Dragon Knight.
- Dragon Knights are Unstoppable.
- Dragon Knights are immune to Attack Speed slows applied by attacks from enemy Forts and Keeps.
- Dragon Knights are not benefited by any effect that increases Move speed, Attack speed, Attack damage, Spell damage or Armor.
- Regeneration Globes do not heal Dragon Knights.
- Basic attacks instantly kill minions.
- In the comic Fall of King's Crest, it is revealed that the Dragon Knight is actually the King of King's Crest, and husband to Raena, the Lady of Thorns. He was cursed by Queen Nightshade, who transformed him into a monster. He was then sealed in the form of a stone statue by his his children: Verick, the Prince of the Sun, and Delia, the Princess of the Moon.
Patch changes Edit
- (Patch May 9, 2018) Note: When attempting to capture a Dragon Knight, Channeling is now correctly paused when hit by a Time Stop effect, like Zeratul’s Void Prison.
- (Patch December 12, 2017) Note: Hero portraits will now be displayed when heroes are inside.
- (Patch September 26, 2017) Note: All vehicles, including the Dragon Knight, Garden Terror, and Triglav Protector are now Unstoppable.; Movement Speed reduced by 20%; Starting Health reduced from 9300 to 8350.; The Dragon Knight and Garden Terror will now correctly follow Force Move commands.
- (Patch August 8, 2017) Note: Changes to abilities.
- (Patch June 13, 2017) Note: The Dragon Knight’s Savage Charge Ability will no longer cancel Anub’arak’s Burrow Charge.
- (Patch November 15, 2016) Note: Rubble Maker (Passive) now also reduces the duration of Blinds by 50%.
- (Patch August 9, 2016) Note: The tooltip for the Dragon Knight’s Rubble Maker Trait no longer incorrectly states that it reduces the duration of Silence effects.
- (Patch July 12, 2016) Note: The Dragon Knight’s Savage Charge can no longer be cast on neutral Siege and Bruiser Mercenaries.
- (Patch May 17, 2016) Note: The Dragon Knight and Garden Terror have received updated Ability button art.
- (Patch March 29, 2016) Note: Now immune to Attack Speed slows applied by attacks from enemy Forts and Keeps; Targets punted by Savage Charge will no longer be stunned after landing.
- (Patch February 2, 2016) Note: Damage reduction from Structures increased from 50% to 60%; Savage Charge (W): Channel time reduced from 1.125 to 0.75 seconds, Cooldown increased from 8 to 10 seconds.; Silences will no longer prevent Heroes from entering a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror.
- (Patch October 20, 2015) Note: Fixed an issue that caused abnormal Hero movement when a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror was killed or expired nearby.
- (Patch October 6, 2015) Note: Regeneration Globes will no longer heal Dragon Knights and Garden Terrors. Instead, Regeneration Globe effects will now be applied directly to the Hero inside the Dragon Knight or Garden Terror. Players within a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror can now also accumulate stacks for Talents such as Seasoned Marksman, Gathering Power, Regeneration Master, etc.
- (Patch July 21, 2015) Note: The range indicator for the Dragon Knight’s Savage Charge has received visual polish.