"Need a light?"
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||January 9, 2018|
Corporal Miles "Blaze" Lewis, the Veteran Firebat, is a ranged Tank Hero from the StarCraft universe. He has always been drawn to the flame, but it wasn't until he joined up with Raynor's Raiders that he put his pyromania to good use. He's seen his fair share of battles since then, and has never failed to bring the heat.
Blaze is a dual-incinerator cannon wielding Tank who excels at area-of-effect damage and locking down an area of the battlefield. Get ready to fire it up!
Background[edit | edit source]
This section concerns content exclusive to the StarCraft universe.
Lewis's infatuation with fire began in his childhood. Later in life, he had the opportunity to join Raynor's Raiders and fight for the future of the Terran Dominion. He hesitated, but when he learned he could become a firebat, that sealed the deal. His tendency for pyromania earned him the nickname "Blaze." After the fall of Arcturus Mengsk, Lewis joined the Dominion Armed Forces. He heard of the disappearance of Jim Raynor after the End War, and wondered what happened to his former commander.
Firebats are "armored assault troopers," often attached to provide support for marine squads. Particularly devastating in close quarters combat, they're typically armed with dual arm-mounted flame throwers and wear heat-resistant fireproof armor similar to those used by marines, although heavier.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Blaze is a ranged Tank who specializes in initiating fights and dealing area damage by spreading his flames.
Strength[edit | edit source]
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- See Data page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
Talents[edit | edit source]
Activate to gain 100% Attack Speed and 25% Movement Speed for 5 seconds.
Active: Activate to gain a Shield that absorbs 590 damage over 5 seconds.
When taking damage while below 30% maximum Health, Endurance Stimpack will be automatically cast, if it's not on cooldown.
Active: Activate to gain 40 Mana and cause Basic Ability cooldowns to recharge 100% faster for 5 seconds.
- Reduces Basic Ability cooldowns every 0.0625 seconds by 0.0625 seconds.
❢ Quest: Collect 15 Regeneration Globes.
❢ Reward: Pyromania grants Unstoppable for 2 seconds.
- Increases the radius of Oil puddles by 0.3, resulting in 0.6 bonus length and width.
- Effects trigger per stream. Enemies hit by both streams trigger the cooldown reduction and Mana refund for both of them.
- Stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that affect the target Hero's damage output.
- Damage bonus stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Blaze's Basic Attack damage.
❢ Reward: Increase Oil Spill's Ignite duration by 2 seconds, and damage by 35%.
- Damage bonus stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers that can affect Oil Spill's damage.
- Slow is applied only to enemies that are standing on an Oil Spill as it is being Ignited - enemies that enter the Oil Spill after it has been Ignited are unaffected.
- Slow is not removed by leaving the area of an Ignited Oil Spill.
After 0.5 seconds, deploy and enter a Bunker with 1435 Health. Blaze and his allies can enter and exit the Bunker at will. While in the Bunker, occupants gain access to Flamethrower, dealing 170 damage to enemies in a line.
Exiting the Bunker grants 25 Armor for 2 seconds. Bunkers last 10 seconds, or until destroyed.
Channel for up to 2.6 seconds. Upon ending, Slow nearby enemies by 60% and deal 55 damage to them every 0.5 seconds. Combustion's Slow and damage over time duration is extended the longer Blaze Channels, from 1 second up to 5 seconds.
Blaze's Movement Speed is reduced by 40% while Channeling.
- Stacks additively with itself and other damage modifiers that can affect the target's Spell Damage and healing output.
- Oil Spills created by Fuel Leak fully interact with all Talents affecting Oil Spill.
- Stacks additively with itself, but not with other positive Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
- Healing is calculated from final damage dealt, after all modifications.
- Healing can be affected by healing modifiers that increase Blaze's healing output (e.g. Spell Power) or healing received.
Active: Activate to gain 50 Spell Armor for 3 seconds. Upon expiration, gain a Shield equal to 125% of the Spell Damage taken while Juggernaut Plating was active.
- Shield amount is calculated from final damage taken, after modifications.
- Shield from Juggernaut Plating does not expire.
Skins[edit | edit source]
|Backstory: Cpl. Miles "Blaze" Lewis has always been drawn to the flame, but it wasn't until he joined up with Raynor's Raiders that he put his pyromania to good use. He's seen his fair share of battles since then, and has never failed to bring the heat.|
750 / 10,000
120 / 75
120 / 75
|Backstory: After much experimentation, mo'arg engineers have succeeded in miniaturizing the fel reaver's design and fusing it with a captive sentient soul. The results are quite promising.|
|Features: Altered voice-over.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other universes merging into Warcraft skins.|
250 / 300
250 / 300
250 / 300
250 / 300
250 / 300
375 / 450
|Backstory: Viper hunted him down. Slaughtered his brothers-in-arms. Now they're taken the one thing he truly loves in this world - his only daugther. The Firestorm is coming, and no snake will be spared the flame.|
|Features: Altered voice-over, themed animations.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Viper organization skins.|
600 / 1,200
600 / 1,200
600 / 1,200
Portraits[edit | edit source]
Sprays[edit | edit source]
Light It Up!
Máscara de Blaze
Emojis[edit | edit source]
|Blaze Pack 1||Blaze Pack 2|
|Blaze in Love||:blazelove:|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Firebat was shown at the Heroes of the Storm Character Design Panel during BlizzCon 2015 as a possible candidate for inclusion.
- Firebats made their debut in the original StarCraft (March 1998). Blaze was added to StarCraft II's Co-op Missions mode as an heroic outlaw for Tychus Findlay in 2018.
- Blaze's teaser video, "Need a Light?" was produced by Rocket Jump, a hybrid studio/production company led by Freddie Wong.
- Blaze is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- Blaze is the first ranged tank hero in the game, the second being Mei.
- Blaze's "Dominion" skin has the coloration and symbols of the Terran Dominion.
- Blaze's "Smokin'" skin references the character of Trevor "Smokin' Joe" Jacobs from the short story Stealing Thunder. The symbol he has on his shoulders and bunker is the symbol of the Kel-Morian Combine.
- This character and skin are likely a reference to Blizzard Entertainment artist Trevor Jacobs, as some other characters from the story share names with Blizzard employees.
- Blaze's rank of corporal reflects the rank of firebat units in the first StarCraft.
- Blaze is the only StarCraft Tank hero in the game.
- The Jet Propulsion ability may be a reference to the fact that the early CMC-230 XF firebat suits during the Guild Wars were outfitted with jetpacks, but due to reliability issues the design was scrapped.
- The Bunker Drop brings down a bunker, a terran defensive structure that allows infantry to take cover within it.
- The three "stimpack" abilities in the level 1 tier of abilities references the stimpack ability in StarCraft and StarCraft II, a chemical cocktail that served as a potent combat stimulant at the risk of harming the soldier. Firebats could use stimpacks in the first StarCraft and in StarCraft II's Co-op Missions.
- Incinerator Gauntlets and Juggernaut Plating talents reference two of the upgrades firebats can gain in the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty campaign and in Co-op Missions.
- Fortified Bunker is an upgrade for the bunker in the campaign of Wings of Liberty and as an unlockable upgrade for Jim Raynor in Co-op Missions.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
Concept Art[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- BlizzHeroes. (2017, December 21). Heroes of the Storm: Need a Light?. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-12-21.
- Blaze Spotlight – Heroes of the Storm
- Blaze Quotations
- StarCraft Wiki: Firebat
- YouTube - Heroes of the Storm : BlizzCon 2015 Hero Deep Dive (HD), accessed on 2015-11-07
- Heroes of the Storm - Firebat Reveal + Vancouver!
[edit | edit source]
- Blaze - Heroes of the Storm
- Miles Lewis - StarCraft Wiki
- Blaze Build Guide on Icy Veins
- Blaze Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Blaze Sound Files - Sounds of the Storm
|Bruisers||Artanis • Chen • Deathwing • Dehaka • D.Va • Gazlowe • Hogger • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins||Alarak • The Butcher • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Qhira • Samuro • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Greymane • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tassadar • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support||Abathur • The Lost Vikings • Medivh • Zarya|
|Tanks||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Mei • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|