"For the Alliance above all!"
|Title||King of Stormwind|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||April 30, 2019|
Anduin Llane Wrynn, King of Stormwind, is a ranged Healer Hero from the Warcraft franchise. As a young man, Anduin sought peace as a priest of the Holy Light and an envoy of the Alliance. After his father, Varian, fell to the Burning Legion, Anduin took up the crown as High King of the Alliance. He soon learned that peace must be fought for, even in the Nexus.
This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Anduin Wrynn is the son of Varian Wrynn and heir to the throne of Stormwind. Anduin was for a time following his father's disappearance the king of Stormwind, but following Lady Prestor's unmasking and Varian's return, the latter took up the mantle of king again. His relationship with his father has always been somewhat strained: although he loves and respects his father, he prefers a more peaceful approach to foreign relations, and does not agree with the king's more aggressive tactics. However as time wore on, he began to rub off on his father, who became more appreciative of diplomacy and peaceful tactics. He is also close with Jaina Proudmore and views her as a family member, affectionately calling her "aunt", and was dismayed by her change in personality and world-view as a result of Garrosh Hellscream's actions. He was subsequently relieved when she finally returned to her senses during the Blood War.
In his teenager years, Anduin took up training in the ways of the Light and became a priest, and soon after became a pupil of the Prophet Velen, leader of the draenei. Anduin becomes the King of Stormwind after his father dies heroically against Gul'dan and the Burning Legion, during the Battle for Broken Shore. After taking the throne, Genn Greymane became his second-in-command and military advisor.
Anduin is a ranged Healer who excels at protecting himself and his allies at the same time using Shields and heals. His trait is Leap of Faith, which can be activated to pull an ally to Anduin's location. His Basic Abilities include Flash Heal, a heal on a short channel and very short cooldown; Divine Star, a heavenly bolt that damages enemies then returns to Anduin and heals allies; and Chastise, a swell of light that damages and roots the first enemy hero hit.
His first Heroic is Holy Word: Salvation, which surrounds Anduin in a holy field that rapidly heals nearby allies and protects them from all damage. His second Heroic is Lightbomb, which imbues an ally with the Light, causing them to damage and Stun nearby enemies after a delay then gain a Shield that scales based on how many enemies were hit.
- Strong burst healing
- Can protect himself quite well
- Both Heroic Abilities are viable choices
- Powerful late game
- Leap of Faith counters crowd control
- Versatile Healer who can empower heroes such as most Tanks or Heroes without escape mechanics.
- Limited mobility
- Delayed Healing
- Low area of effect healing
- See Data page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
If Flash Heal is cast on a different target from its last, increase its healing by 15% and refund 40% of its cooldown.
- Bonus stacks additively with other healing dealt modifiers that can affect Flash Heal and multiplicatively with modifiers that affect healing received by the target.
While Divine Star is traveling out, allies in its path gain a Shield that absorbs 128 damage over 4 seconds.
If Divine Star hits an enemy Hero, Anduin gains a Shield that absorbs 185 damage for 4 seconds.
- Multiple hits do not grant more Shields.
- Shields do not stack with themselves.
Cooldown: 75 seconds
Summon a Lightwell that periodically heals a nearby allied Hero for 50. The well only fades after healing 15 times or when recast.
This cooldown is reduced by 1 second each time Anduin heals an allied Hero.
Divine Star fires Basic Attacks at Heroes close to its apex.
Passive: Increase Attack Range by 1.1.
Basic Attacks reduce the cooldown of Chastise by 0.75 seconds. Basic Attacks against Heroes Rooted by Chastise launch an additional Basic Attack and restore 25 Mana.
- The additional Basic Attack is fired at the Rooted target.
- The additional Basic Attack has the same properties as Anduin's regular Basic Attack.
Chastise pierces to hit an additional Hero.
❢ Quest: Hitting two Heroes with a single Chastise permanently increases Spell Power by 1%, to a maximum of 10%.
- Spell Power from Piercing Light stacks additively with itself and other sources of Spell Power as well as other offensive damage modifiers and healing dealt modifiers affecting Anduin.
Casting Flash Heal on an ally heals Anduin for 135.
- This heal does not benefit from Talents affecting Flash Heal.
If Anduin loses more than 8% of his maximum Health at once, recover 15% Health over 3 seconds.
This effect has a 10 second cooldown.
Current Health required: 133
Cooldown: 35 seconds
Activate to instantly heal an allied Hero for 375, but kneel for 2 seconds, unable to act.
Cooldown: 80 seconds
After 0.5 seconds, channel to invoke the Light for 3 seconds. While nearby, allied Heroes heal for up to 25% of their max Health and are Protected.
Cooldown: 60 seconds
Imbue an allied Hero with the Light. After 1.5 seconds, it explodes, dealing 150 damage to enemies and Stunning them for 1.25 seconds.
The target gains a Shield that absorbs 165 damage per enemy Hero hit. Lasts for 5 seconds.
While Divine Star is traveling, gain 30% Movement Speed. Each allied Hero healed by Divine Star on its return to Anduin reduces its cooldown by 1 second.
- Does not grant cooldown reduction if Divine Star brings the target to full Health.
- Anduin himself does not trigger the cooldown reduction.
Damaging an enemy Hero increases Movement Speed by 2.5% and the amount healed by Pursued by Grace by 5% for 6 seconds. These effects stack up to 8 times.
- Healing bonus stacks additively with other healing dealt modifiers that can affect Pursued by Grace.
Gain 5% Movement Speed. This bonus is quadrupled while Leap of Faith's cooldown is available. Allies pulled by Leap of Faith are healed for 280 over 4 seconds.
After Anduin catches Divine Star, it explodes, healing nearby allied Heroes for 105 and damaging enemies for 150.
Leap of Faith gains a 2nd charge.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Active: Activate to reset the cooldown of Flash Heal and cause its next cast to heal for 25% more.
Damaging enemy Heroes reduces this cooldown by 1 second.
- Inner Focus's cooldown starts immediately upon activation.
- Inner Focus cannot be activated again until the current buff is triggered by casting Flash Heal.
- Activating Inner Focus does not dismount.
- Bonus stacks additively with healing dealt modifiers that can affect Flash Heal and multiplicatively with modifiers that affect healing received by the target.
Holy Word: Salvation grants allies Invulnerability instead of Protected. This does not affect Anduin.
Channeling Holy Word: Salvation for its full duration reduces its cooldown by 60 seconds.
The target of Lightbomb gains 40% Movement Speed and 50 Armor for 3 seconds.
Basic Attacks burn enemies for 87 damage over 3 seconds and Anduin heals for 50% of the damage dealt.
Builds and guides
|Backstory: As a young man, Anduin sought peace as a priest of the Holy Light and an envoy of the Alliance. After his father, Varian, fell to the Burning Legion, Anduin took up the crown as High King of the Alliance. He soon learned that peace must be fought for, even in the Nexus.|
750 / 10,000
King of Stormwind
120 / 75
120 / 75
|Backstory: As threats mounted against his nation, Neo-President Wrynn authorized the production of an all new line of mecha. Should evil descend from the stars once more, MechaStorm will have the full strength of Neo-Stormwind behind them.|
|Features: Altered Voice-over, Themed abilities, Themed animations|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of Kaijo world skins.|
350 / 400
350 / 400
350 / 400
|Anduin Event Skins|
|Backstory: "The path to peace is through our children," Anduin remarked, explaining the hereditary dynasty he'd made of the Pan-Terran Alliance.|
|Notes: This skin theme is part of a shared theme of other universes merging into StarCraft skins.|
240 / 150
240 / 150
240 / 150
Handsome Doll Anduin
Thoughtful Emperor of the Dominion Anduin
- Anduin made his debut in World of Warcraft (November 2004).
- His book debut was five years later, in Stormrage (February 2010).
- Anduin is voiced by Joey Cash in World of Warcraft, Jim Mahoney in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm (December 2010), and Josh Keaton as of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (September 2012).
- Anduin's base skin variations are based out of places from World of Warcraft, specifically regions of the Kingdom of Stormwind.
- "Darkshire Anduin" resembles a soldier of the Night Watch.
- "Redridge Anduin" resembles the colors of Redridge Mountains.
- "Westfall Anduin" resembles a soldier of the Westfall Brigade.
- "Elwynn Anduin" resembles the colors and greenery of Elwynn Forest.
- Anduin also has an unreleased Forsaken variant for his base skin.
- The front bangs of Anduin's mane are silvery-white on the Darkshire skin.
- Anduin's dance is called the "Hand Clap" in the game's files, the animation and reference itself done by Matt Parker.
- Anduin’s taunt animation has him summoning and slicing in half the crest of the Forsaken. The crest is Sylvanas’ face.
- Anduin's hearthstone animation has him flipping through a deck of Hearthstone cards. All cards have images of Murky.
- Anduin wields Shalamayne, the same sword as his father Varian. To differentiate these weapon models, Anduin's version is tied together around the center and also has yellow gems instead of red.
- Anduin only uses the Shalamayne during his Divine Star skill. His Basic Attacks are instead ranged, in the form of holy bolts.
- Early concept arts for Anduin had him wielding his mace Fearbreaker while still carrying Shalamayne on his back.
- Anduin's design in Heroes of the Storm combines his prince garbs (as seen in World of Warcraft: Legion (August 2016) with his full plate armor that he wears in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, carrying the coat and armor from each respectively His face is modeled to resemble his appearance in the World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth cinematic trailer.
- A remix of "Anduin's Theme" (also known as "A World Divided", composed by Neil Acree) has been added to the game, which plays at the menu screen featuring Anduin's artwork.
- Anduin's model was datamined from PTR on February 5th, 2019.
- Holy Word: Salvation is a reference to the World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth (August 2018) cinematic trailer, in which Anduin heals his Alliance soldiers in an identical fashion. He even says "Stand as one!" when casting the ability. Holy Word: Salvation is also a talent available for Priests in World of Warcraft at level 100.
- Anduin is the second character in the game representing the Priest class from World of Warcraft, the first being Whitemane.
|Bruisers||Artanis • Chen • Deathwing • Dehaka • D.Va • Gazlowe • Hogger • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins||Alarak • The Butcher • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Qhira • Samuro • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Greymane • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tassadar • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support||Abathur • The Lost Vikings • Medivh • Zarya|
|Tanks||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Mei • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|