"I shall do what I must.""
|Title||The Life Binder|
|Price||750 / 10,000|
|Release Date||November 14, 2017|
Alexstrasza, The Life Binder, is a Healer Hero from the Warcraft franchise. Alexstrasza, the queen of dragons, was empowered by the titans to be the guardian of all life on Azeroth. She has aided mortals time and again, even at great personal cost. Now, she soars across the Nexus, protecting life wherever she finds it.
Alexstrasza is a durable Ranged Healer who shares her Health with allies and can transform into a mighty dragon.
This section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft universe.
Alexstrasza the Life-Binder, former Leader and Aspect of the red dragonflight One of the five Dragon Aspects and Aspect of Life, is the guardian of all life in the world of Azeroth. She was one of five great dragons chosen by the titans to be empowered with a portion of the Pantheon's power and rule over her flight while they watched over Azeroth and its inhabitants. The titans also appointed her queen of all dragons.
Though not content to just sit back and watch, she has most recently assisted the mortal races of the world against the threat of Deathwing and his dragonflight. Sacrificing much of her power to see Deathwing destroyed, Alexstrasza now resides atop the draconic holy site of Wyrmrest Temple, having passed her guardian duties onto the creatures she once protected.
The Life-Binder is a versatile ranged Healer who manipulates life energy to heal her allies. When her life - or those of her allies - is threatened, she can transform into a mighty dragon.
- See Data page for a table of scaled values at key levels.
❢ Reward: After collecting 10 Regeneration Globes, Abundance heals for an additional 5% of maximum Health.
❢ Reward: After collecting 15 Regeneration Globes, Abundance's healing burst creates a Regeneration Globe.
- Healing bonus affects the base value, causing it to stack multiplicatively with healing modifiers.
❢ Quest: Hit 20 Burning Heroes with Flame Buffet.
❢ Reward: Hitting a Burning Hero with Flame Buffet reduces Dragonqueen's cooldown by 5 seconds.
Passive: Reduces the cost of Gift of Life to 10% of Alexstrasza's current Health.
- Lifeblossom remains on the ground for 7 seconds.
- Stacks additively with other modifiers affecting healing dealt and multiplicatively with modifiers affecting healing received.
Bind Alexstrasa's life force with an allied Hero. Both she and her target are healed for 480 over 2 seconds. Afterward, the Hero with a lower percentage of health is set to the same Health percentage as the other Hero.
After 1.25 seconds, take to the sky and drop 5 fireballs over 6 seconds at the position of the mouse cursor. Fireballs deal 135 damage to enemies and heal allied Heroes for 300 Health.
2 seconds after dropping all fireballs, Alexstrasza lands at the position of the mouse cursor.
- Duration is actually refreshed if Stunned, Silenced or Rooted again before the 50 Armor has worn off.
- Does not stack with other positive Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
Active: Activate to Slow and reduce an enemy Hero's damage by 50% for 3 seconds.
Healing a Stunned, Silenced, or Rooted ally reduces Pacify's cooldown by 30 seconds.
- Damage reduction stacks additively with other offensive damage modifiers affecting the target Hero's damage output.
Active: Activate to heal an allied Hero for 15% of their maximum Health and deal 200 damage to nearby enemies.
Healing a Stunned, Rooted, or Silenced ally reduces Life Unbound's cooldown by 30 seconds.
Cannot be used on Alexstrasza.
- Does not stack with other positive Armor effects. Other defensive damage modifiers may stack.
- Shield amount is calculated from final amount healed after all modifications. Healing over a target's maximum Health does not count toward this amount.
- Additional activations occur with 2 second intervals.
- Targets continue to receive the healing-over-time effect for the whole duration and at the same rate.
- Alextrasza lands in the Dragon form upon triggering this talent.
- If Alextrasza triggers this talent having used Cleansing Flame in Dragon form, the duration of Dragonqueen is prolonged by 15 seconds.
- The Flame Buffet applied by this talent interacts with all talents affecting Flame Buffet.
Active: Activate to grant an allied Hero 500 bonus maximum Health until they die.
Cannot be used on Alexstrasza, or on a Hero who already has Blessing of the Red.
Builds and guides
Cute Spectral Wyrm Alexstrasza
Old Timey Dark Queen Alexstrasza
Spectral Wyrm Alexstrasza
With the reveal of Ragnaros on BlizzCon 2016, the developers knew early on that Alexstrasza would the next new big BlizzCon 2017 Hero. With the experience of the intense development cycle of Ragnaros, they decided to start in January 2017 with working on her.
Concept art for Alexstrasza began with her elf form: As being the Queen of Dragons, the Developers wanted to make her humanoid form regal and decorated her with ornamentations and jewelry. The aesthetic of her big horns was also included into her armor. Her in-game ears were left out hid under her hair. File size played a part in the decision to hide her ears. Silhouette from game view played another reason: Simple readable shapes are very important and the silhouette of her horns are much more distinct aspect of Alexstaza's model and patently specific to Alexstraza herself.
For Alexstrasza's massive dragon form they wanted her to make as big as possible in-game. They didn't want a small drake, they wanted a full grown dragon. But Heroes of the Storm game director Alan Dabiri couldn't make her that big and powerful in the game. "We want her to be this bad-ass dragon that transforms on the battlefield," Dabiri told Compete in an interview at Blizzcon. "She should be huge and completely cover half the battlefield. Well, that kind of just broke the game. So, how can we make her as big as we can make her, while still being manageable and still being readable?" In the context of World of Warcraft's story, Alexstrasza's super-powered dragon form is a non-playable entity who serves as a godlike savior with one of the biggest health bars in the game.
This encapsulates a common problem for the Heroes of the Storm design team. The game features characters of varying power levels and sizes. "We have heroes that are everything from Murky the Murloc, to Kerrigan or even Alexstrasza, who's literally this godlike creature," Dabiri said. "According to Dabiri, no fans have complained about the suspension of disbelief required to play Heroes of the Storm—yet, anyway. "I think people get that it'’s in the nature of the game itself, our universe," he said. "It's in our own space. We can actually describe things differently, where these heroes have different power levels."
They used Azmodan to establish her scale a bit, because he's supposed to be of the size of a three-store building in the Diablo universe - in the Nexus however, he is at a functional size. Uther's model size is used for baseline comparisons for all heroes, so they used his model to make her the proper size for the game. With large heroes, it's weird to make them spin and turn instantly, so the animators developed a new turning technique to add extra frames for Alexstrasza. Additionally, she will follow your mouse cursor with her body and turn her head and tail in the direction you are going.
With her size, there were lot of things that she could interfere with. So body blocking and hiding smaller Heroes like Chromie and Murky behind her big body or wings became another issue. The art and design team spent a long time trying to make sure that she was this imposing force and felt really big and mighty, but didn't break the game.
For the Gameplay, the Developers needed to emphasize and to convey that she's a dragon and the aspect of life. They wanted to convey that properly by letting Alexstrasza interact with life and health in interesting ways. Her ability Abundance was inspired by the storm dragons primarly found in Cataclysm (the dragon mobs in Vortex Pinnacle, for example). Flame Buffet was inspired by Blackwing Lair dragon abilities. Her ultimate Life Binder was inspired by her Hearthstone card. The core concept behind her second Heroic Ability, Cleansing Flame, was originally meant to be for Probius. Probius was originally meant to have a Mothership heroic ability raining damage down on the battlefield. They didn't like it, given his builder-oriented gameplay. So they moved it to Alexstrasza instead.
- Alexstrasza made her debut in Day of the Dragon (February 2001).
- Her game debut was seven years later, in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (November 2008).
- Alexstrasza is by voiced Barbara Goodson in Wrath of the Lich King to early Cataclysm, and by Wendee Lee as of late Cataclysm. 
- Alexstrasza is the second dragon hero, with Chromie being the first, and the third being Deathwing.
- ♥ Blizzcon 2017 Developer Interview w/ The Alexstrasza & Hanzo Designers - Heroes of the Storm HotS
- Andrew Kinabrew on Alexstraza comes out tomorrow, but how will she hear all the festivities...
- Alexstrasza's True Dragon Form “Broke The Game,” Says Heroes Of The Storm Director
- Heroes Of The Storm Devs On The Fate Of Hanamura And Balance Changes
- BlizzCon 2017: Heroes of the Storm: Deep Dive
- Andrea Toyias: Sr. Casting & VO Director, Blizzard - Twitter post
- Alexstrasza - Heroes of the Storm
- Alexstrasza - Wowpedia
- Alexstrasza Balance Changelog - Heroes Patch Notes
- Alexstrasza Sound Files - Sounds of the storm
|Bruisers||Artanis • Chen • Deathwing • Dehaka • D.Va • Gazlowe • Hogger • Imperius • Leoric • Malthael • Ragnaros • Rexxar • Sonya • Thrall • Varian • Xul • Yrel|
|Healers||Alexstrasza • Ana • Anduin • Auriel • Brightwing • Deckard • Kharazim • Li Li • Lt. Morales • Lúcio • Malfurion • Rehgar • Stukov • Uther • Tyrande • Whitemane|
|Melee Assassins||Alarak • The Butcher • Illidan • Kerrigan • Maiev • Murky • Qhira • Samuro • Valeera • Zeratul|
|Ranged Assassins||Azmodan • Cassia • Chromie • Falstad • Fenix • Gall • Genji • Greymane • Gul'dan • Hanzo • Jaina • Junkrat • Kael'thas • Kel'Thuzad • Li-Ming • Lunara • Mephisto • Nazeebo • Nova • Orphea • Probius • Raynor • Sgt. Hammer • Sylvanas • Tassadar • Tracer • Tychus • Valla • Zagara • Zul'jin|
|Support||Abathur • The Lost Vikings • Medivh • Zarya|
|Tanks||Anub'arak • Arthas • Blaze • Cho • Diablo • E.T.C. • Garrosh • Johanna • Mal'Ganis • Mei • Muradin • Stitches • Tyrael|